Rockhold Should Use Arlovski's Glass Chin Rehab Regimen

Arlovski doesn’t have an ego.

Rockhold’s chin rehab regiment: ego-sectomy

"Chin" is an overstated concept. You can't condition yourself to take clean shots from professional fighters, everyone can be knocked out especially at highter weight classes. The best thing you can do is improve your striking defense, footwork and head movement. Arlovski has been looking fast in recent fights, landing his stuff and getting out of harms way, so he's doing something right. Luke on the other hand, just acts cocky and nonchalant in recent fights and gets slept.

Whatever Arlovski did to rehab and rebuild his glass chin needs to be shared with Rockhold. Let's rehab that glass too.

Andrei just sees the punches now and defends himself better

I dont get the Rockhold glass chin theory. The shots that have out him out were absolute haymakers. Combine that with bad defense and almost anyone will get knocked out.

N
Did Anderson see the H-Bomb that landed flash on the chin and did absolutely nothing? Anderson is an example of an iron chin turning into plastic one. He almost got KOd again in the rematch, during the clinch. He got dropped by Ping several times.
Silva rolled with those H bombs perfectly. It's like moving backwards when getting punched vs going forward. Your body weight is used against you. The shots Ping, and Weidman landed on Silva were ones he didn't get a head start on the roll. Hence he took those shots full force. Remember, Sonnen dropped Silva when he wasn't ready to roll with the punch.

It's too late. At one time he couldve stepped back and taken" the reem be careful defensively and fight long and blast when it was time". Arlovski still has a chin ( I mean one that isnt touched and the nerve that leads to brain doesnt say " nap time " on the spot).

I'll continue to say it- if Luke has a good support system around him, his jaw getting broken( of all rhings) will be a blessing in disguise. Luke s still a young guy who's made bank and has other things on the table. He also has a SFORCE and UFC title ( knowing him- hanging on center wall) to his credit.

You know, they see the weakening of a chin is a learned thing. Like you get KOd, the ref stops the fight, and your brain learns from those experiences that shutting off means it stops getting it hit. So it "learns" to shut off easier, and thus your chin gets weaker. That's how a chin gets "cracked" in old men.

Arlovski is not just an old man though. He's an old, old man. What if his brain learned that trick then realized that it still kept getting KOd anyways? And so it "learned again" to not shut off anymore? A reversed cracked chin, if you will.

Tell that to George Foreman.
what are you talking about he had a great chin all along. When he was younger he ignored defense and just swung for the fences and still next to never got hurt.

Last edited:
Rockhold seems to enjoy getting KTFO too much, he even asks for second helpings each time. I doubt he goes for it.

Did Anderson see the H-Bomb that landed flash on the chin and did absolutely nothing? Anderson is an example of an iron chin turning into plastic one. He almost got KOd again in the rematch, during the clinch. He got dropped by Ping several times.
Anderson during is title reign rarely to never got hit. As he aged, he started to get hit a lot more and that’s probably bc he’s losing his speed.
I mean look at his fight with Leben or both Rich Franklin fights. He barely got hit. Then you look at his fight with Bisping, he was getting tagged like crazy.

Now there is a difference in Chuck Liddell. He used to get tagged all the time but his Chin would save him. If you watch his Overeem or Metzger fight, he was eating their shots like it was nothing. Clearly all that punishment caught up to him where a sneeze can knock him out. But honestly don’t think that’s the case with Luke or Arlovski.

Seems to be a difference here. Andrei has been KO'd many times, but he only gets KO'd by big power shots and power punchers, and HW. Reem, Nganou, Fedor, Kharitinov, Stipe, Sylvia, Rogers, Rizzo. And Andrei in some fights has actually shown us the ability to take a good shot. Luke seems to go down from guys who are not known for their power. I think Andrei just gets hit by hard hitting HWs while Luke actually doesn't take shots well and has a weak chin.

Whatever Arlovski did to rehab and rebuild his glass chin needs to be shared with Rockhold. Let's rehab that glass too.

In all seriousness. Have you even watched Luke's fights Bro ?

Can you name anybody else in the division who would have eaten the shots that KO'd Rockhold ?

They were legit knockout shots.

Rockhold's defense may be terrible and maybe he should retire, but the glass chin thing is bullshit... Anybody gets knocked out that takes those shots.

I don’t think Rockholds chin is his problem.

I think guys just load up on their punches against him so much because he’s so easy to hit, even a guy considered feather fisted like Bisping.

Seems to be a difference here. Andrei has been KO'd many times, but he only gets KO'd by big power shots and power punchers, and HW. Reem, Nganou, Fedor, Kharitinov, Stipe, Sylvia, Rogers, Rizzo. And Andrei in some fights has actually shown us the ability to take a good shot. Luke seems to go down from guys who are not known for their power. I think Andrei just gets hit by hard hitting HWs while Luke actually doesn't take shots well and has a weak chin.

Luke's got a really languid counter striking style like he thinks he's Mark Hunt or something, but his footwork's shit so he gets caught in awkward positions like he did against Bisping & Blachowitz. Obviously he doesn't have a great chin, but if you keep getting caught without your feet being set you're gonna get ktfo no matter how good your chin is. I don't get why he left AKA, his striking seems to be getting worse if anything.

You know, they see the weakening of a chin is a learned thing. Like you get KOd, the ref stops the fight, and your brain learns from those experiences that shutting off means it stops getting it hit. So it "learns" to shut off easier, and thus your chin gets weaker. That's how a chin gets "cracked" in old men.

Arlovski is not just an old man though. He's an old, old man. What if his brain learned that trick then realized that it still kept getting KOd anyways? And so it "learned again" to not shut off anymore? A reversed cracked chin, if you will.

<{Joewithit}>

You just might be right.

No he needs to move up to HW and fight Miocic or Lewis

Back