Rockhold a betting favorite over Lyoto

Really? Rockhold over Lyoto. I would of thought Lyoto would be a heavy favourite in this fight. I don't bet on anything I'm not virtually 100% sure on (so no mma), but Machida should handle anyone at 185 bar Weidman

this is a big mistake and you must take advantage people machida is the best value bet of the century,hes only ever lost to top top guys,rockhold is just your average kick boxer nothing special about him

LUMP ON LYOTO AND LUMP ON LARGE

this is a big mistake and you must take advantage people machida is the best value bet of the century,hes only ever lost to top top guys,rockhold is just your average kick boxer nothing special about him

LUMP ON LYOTO AND LUMP ON LARGE

Rockhold has an unusual, incredible ground game. I'm surprised nobody can accept it. His standup is also outstanding. TRT debate aside, he got caught by a frontrunner in Vitor that is considered the most dangerous 1st round fighter in MMA history by many if not most. I'll take Rockhold. Also, everybody is forgetting Machida's age.

Rockhold has an unusual, incredible ground game. I'm surprised nobody can accept it. His standup is also outstanding. TRT debate aside, he got caught by a frontrunner in Vitor that is considered the most dangerous 1st round fighter in MMA history by many if not most. I'll take Rockhold. Also, everybody is forgetting Machida's age.

I can admit Rockhold is a very good fighter but I think the line is wrong,machida has the experience he hasnt weak points in his game I can see it being a striking match and lyoto finishing him,he didnt have to worry about bisping last time striking back it was a joke of a fight,he wont have that luxury this time.

Have you ever seen Rockhold fight?
Rockhold has 2 decisions out of 13 wins, while Machida has 11 decisions out of 22 wins.
And calling Rockhold stiff is ridiculous.

This whole post looks like you have Rockhold confused for Tim Kennedy or something.

Rockhold is technically solid when it comes to his stand-up but it isn't something that comes natural to him.

I have no doubt he can hold his own with most strikers but he gives away a few obvious tells when an opponent tests him.

Vitor gauged his movements by the mid point of the first round. Sure he was on TRT, but the reason the head kick landed was due to the fact that Rockhold would tense up every time Belfort did a feint.

The Dollaway fight highlighted just how effective Machida can be at setting traps. He gauges the movement and responses and picks his moment. Im not sure Rockhold can last 5 round without slipping up.

That being said I wouldn't touch this fight. It's a very risky bet.

Machida has stopped walking around at 185lbs and has started dehydrating like most other fighters. He will be bigger and stronger against Luke than he was for Weidman and I think it's a good thing. Machida via hard fought UD.

Not surprised at all, Vegas is starting to know what they're doing with MMA these days.

Wasn't expecting Machida to be underdog but it's still a close fight and odds will move closer to even before the fight

not a big favourite by enough imo. i would like to have been able to make more on Machida

Agreed. Would be nice to make some money off a Lyoto win for once.

Rockhold is technically solid when it comes to his stand-up but it isn't something that comes natural to him.

I have no doubt he can hold his own with most strikers but he gives away a few obvious tells when an opponent tests him.

Vitor gauged his movements by the mid point of the first round. Sure he was on TRT, but the reason the head kick landed was due to the fact that Rockhold would tense up every time Belfort did a feint.

The Dollaway fight highlighted just how effective Machida can be at setting traps. He gauges the movement and responses and picks his moment. Im not sure Rockhold can last 5 round without slipping up.

That being said I wouldn't touch this fight. It's a very risky bet.

Saying that it doesn't come naturally to him is completely subjective.
He has finished and hurt high level opponents with all kinds techniques, including head kicks and body kicks which you rarely see utilized effectively in MMA except by the best of strikers; so calling him stiff is just wrong in my opinion.

And the way you judged his striking based on the Vitor headkick is really a stretch.
You could also judge Vitor's striking based on the Anderson fight, and then judge Anderson's striking based on the first Weidman fight - both fighters looked really "bad" in those fights, yet I'm sure you wouldn't call them stiff or say that striking doesn't come naturally to them.

You really can't pick one or two fights and judge the fighter's whole career and technique based on that. You bring up the CB fight for Machida, but what about 4 decisions in his 5 fights before that? And what about Rockhold coming off consecutive finishes on Bisping, Boestch, and Philippou?

I cannot disagree more with your implication that Machida is some sort of crazy finisher, and that Rockhold's only chance of winning is via decision.
Personally, I see that as upside-down thinking.

I totally agree however that it's an extremely hard fight to predict. Wouldn't surprise me if either fighter wins in any manner, though Machida by submission and Rockhold by decision have to be the least likely possibilities.

lol bullshit odds...there is not way rockhold gets Machida to the ground and without a threat of the takedown unless Rockhold has prime Shogun level striking he will not out strike Machida

Those odds are just about even...

are there any proper betting sites for Canadians?

and the odds arent "that" great. still pretty even on what is a pretty even fight so far.

Interesting. Can anyone see Rockhold finishing Lyoto? To me [IF] Rockhold wins, a decision would almost be a lock.

Rockhold is still stiff with regards to kick boxing & especially susceptible to traps. Lyoto may be past his best but I think The Dragon is going to stop him.

IF anyone is going to put money on Rockhold I would wait because The Dragon is surely going to come in. You would also get better value with a decision exotic because Luke isn't finishing this fight.

This.. i can see rockhold winning by having a little more output and maybe mixing in a takedown or two and taking the decision but if weidman didn't stop machida then rockhold probably wont either.

Those odds are about right tho

The fight isn't until April, lol. It is presently the month of January.

Useless thread.

Rockhold should be the favourite...he is a great fighter and a bad stylistic matchup for Lyoto. Look at lyoto's losses— Most are to tall, solid wrestlers with a decent/good stand up game. If Phil Davis could stifle Lyoto, so can Rockhold.

I think it'll be even at fight time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back