Rockhold a betting favorite over Lyoto

Never betting on fights, only poker. But this to me is not a terrible betting line

Wow, that's a turnaround. Was there ever a non-title fight where Lyoto was an underdog?

its still early...these odds will fluctuate a bit for sure. -140 and +100 is basically even..., wouldn't be surprised if Lyoto became the slight favorite b4 fight night.

It was pretty obvious Luke would be the favorite.

I think they nailed the opening line pretty good. My guess is that Luke will be an even bigger favorite by fight night though, around -160ish.

https://www.bestfightodds.com

Luke -140
Lyoto +100

I would have thought Lyoto would have been the favorite.

Interesting. Can anyone see Rockhold finishing Lyoto? To me [IF] Rockhold wins, a decision would almost be a lock.

Rockhold is still stiff with regards to kick boxing & especially susceptible to traps. Lyoto may be past his best but I think The Dragon is going to stop him.

IF anyone is going to put money on Rockhold I would wait because The Dragon is surely going to come in. You would also get better value with a decision exotic because Luke isn't finishing this fight.

I'm scared to bet on this fight. But I still will and I think rock hold going to win

Sounds about right.

lol bullshit odds...there is no way rockhold gets Machida to the ground and without a threat of the takedown unless Rockhold has prime Shogun level striking he will not out strike Machida

Last edited:
Never betting on fights, only poker. But this to me is not a terrible betting line

Poker rakes are miniscule compared to the middle end the bookies take!

So here, they are making $40 for $200 bet ($100 on each side).
That is ridiculous!

I can certainly see him doing what Davis had done, only much better of course.

Doesn't have drive and strength of Davi's TDs obviously, but is way better striker and in different class at mixing it up, which is most important.

Poker rakes are miniscule compared to the middle end the bookies take!

So here, they are making $40 for $200 bet ($100 on each side).
That is ridiculous!

Book makers earn a big chunk of their profits when the favourite loses. IMO Machida is going to come in a lot.

It's always risky putting your odds out first. I have a feeling some of the other bigger agencies are going to have a far tighter line.

Either Machida loses a decision or Rockhold gets stopped for the 3rd time. Something that has never happened to Davis btw.

Interesting. Can anyone see Rockhold finishing Lyoto? To me [IF] Rockhold wins, a decision would almost be a lock.

Rockhold is still stiff with regards to kick boxing & especially susceptible to traps. Lyoto may be past his best but I think The Dragon is going to stop him.

IF anyone is going to put money on Rockhold I would wait because The Dragon is surely going to come in. You would also get better value with a decision exotic because Luke isn't finishing this fight.

Have you ever seen Rockhold fight?
Rockhold has 2 decisions out of 13 wins, while Machida has 11 decisions out of 22 wins.
And calling Rockhold stiff is ridiculous.

This whole post looks like you have Rockhold confused for Tim Kennedy or something.

Great. Can't wait till Machida smashes him. Wondering which kick will do it.

Rockhold is gonna finish Machida then take the title.

Wow, would have thought this would be the other way around. Might put some money on this fight.

I kind of like Rockhold, sad he's going to toget another lose on his record.

Back