Robin Hood Morality Test

Marion last? That's cold.

You have to elaborate on this one.

Robin - Got pissed because his girl cheated on him.

Little John - Ran off with his friends ex.

Sheriff - Coerced Marion to spend the night with him.

Marion - Betrayed the man she loved.

Robin - Got pissed because his girl cheated on him.

Little John - Ran off with his friends ex.

Sheriff - Coerced Marion to spend the night with him.

Marion - Betrayed the man she loved.

Hmm. Did she really betray him? I see an argument to be made for her being morally corrupt from the fundamentalist Christian perspective of infidelity, but outside of that, she seems to be sacrificing herself for his well being.

Again, assumptions, it was Marion the one that approached the sheriff.

She didn't offer sex, the Sheriff extorted it from her. Either way, it's criminal to just release Robin and John if they have committed a crime.

The sheriff was the least immoral of the men since he was true to himself, no fake notion of chivalry, while John took Robin Hood's sloppy seconds faster than McGregor koed Aldo. Robin Hood treated the misses poorly despite them being an item.

Hmm. Did she really betray him? I see an argument to be made for her being morally corrupt from the fundamentalist Christian perspective of infidelity, but outside of that, she seems to be sacrificing herself for his well being.

But she did end up banging everyone.

Wiki has a rather verbose explanation of the pretty simple thought experiment, whereas that other website makes it a little more fun, since it's interactive.
holy fucin shit dude lmao. These left brain retards who came up with these scenarios do not live in reality and definitely lack in morality. I would not mess with any of the scenarios except for the fat evil man which I would kick. In all other scenarios you have to let destiny run it's course.

Regarding the original premise about the mob outside the police station. It just depends if he is guilty or not. By holding a guilty man from the people of the community you are doing the community a disservice. Then you could have race riots like in Oklahoma. Haha there is true scenario for you. Give up child rapist to the mob or let mob burn down most of the town after rapist defenders attack mob?

She didn't offer sex, the Sheriff extorted it from her. Either way, it's criminal to just release Robin and John if they have committed a crime.

Yes, the sheriff its a crook.

But to say Robin is not a criminal is just assumptions.

holy fucin shit dude lmao. These left brain retards who came up with these scenarios do not live in reality and definitely lack in morality. I would not mess with any of the scenarios except for the fat evil man which I would kick. In all other scenarios you have to let destiny run it's course.

Regarding the original premise about the mob outside the police station. It just depends if he is guilty or not. By holding a guilty man from the people of the community you are doing the community a disservice. Then you could have race riots like in Oklahoma. Haha there is true scenario for you. Give up child rapist to the mob or let mob burn down most of the town after rapist defenders attack mob?

The Trolley Problem is actually the foundation for other scenarios. Many are built on it. It does get complicated after enough tweaks.

Everyone has different views on morality. In my view her cheating trumps the other three.

Didn't it tell us not to assume they were the characters from the stories?

The sheriff was the least immoral of the men since he was true to himself, no fake notion of chivalry, while John took Robin Hood's sloppy seconds faster than McGregor koed Aldo. Robin Hood treated the misses poorly despite them being an item.

My buddy made that argument about the Sheriff. He offered a fair exchange and kept his word. Since there is nothing to indicate that the incarceration was unjust, his only crime is the proposition.

With that said, that's a hell of a proposition.

Didn't it tell us not to assume they were the characters from the stories?

Indeed, so to me the sheriff could simply be a crook that releases some criminals in exchange for some pussy that presented itself.

Occam's razor and all.

Everyone has different views on morality. In my view her cheating trumps the other three.

I wouldnt consider that cheating, cheating is wanting another man and sleeping with him.

She slept with him only because she loved, and wanted to save Robin to me thats sacrifice.

My buddy made that argument about the Sheriff. He offered a fair exchange and kept his word. Since there is nothing to indicate that the incarceration was unjust, his only crime is the proposition.

With that said, that's a hell of a proposition.

And releasing criminals is not morally reprehensible? thats being a major crook.

Indeed, so to me the sheriff could simply be a crook that releases some criminals in exchange for some pussy that presented itself.

Occam's razor and all.

He didn't just release prisoners, he captured them. Hes corrupt for sure. We can't assume Robin and John are criminals.

That's true, but it's kind of revealing what you assume. I think anyone can probably come up with a backstory in their heads that justifies any order, and given that, the order you choose reflects how you think a little.

He didn't just release prisoners, he captured them. Hes corrupt for sure. We can't assume Robin and John are criminals.

We cant assume they arent either.

Back