ROBIN HOOD - 2018 Movie (15% RT Score)

If you have seen ROBIN HOOD (2018), how would you rate it?

• 9 - Great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 - Good

• 7 - Pretty Good

• 4 - Poor

• 2 - Poor

• Total voters
Maybe Hollywood will learn?
This would be the only way.

If theyre gonna restart anything, they need to target movies that couldnt use the technology we have today or some that were done poorly.

This would be the only way.

If theyre gonna restart anything, they need to target movies that couldnt use the technology we have today or some that were done poorly.
Agree. But the reliance on CGI can get annoying. Note the difference in realism between LOTR and the Hobbit films.

Hollywood wants big money and Netflix, hulu, and Amazon are reshaping who goes to the movies. The adult dramas, character driven action films, and things of those sort are dead or dying. They're delivering the kind of films audiences crave. IPs that blow are in.

Is it just me, or does Maid Marion look a little like Mr. Bean?

v1.cjs0NzM4NDtqOzE3ODY1OzEyMDA7MTIyNDsxMjI0

Why does he look like a low rent version of Subzero?

lol yea right

eggsy would've made a great peter parker

They’ve got to stop giving away 94% of the plot points in trailers.

If they cant think of anything themselves they should just adapt more books. I realize they alrdy do that alot im just saying there's alot of content that hasn't been done there.

This is an excellent point. A lot of quality fiction that could be adapted.

I at least commend it for trying something different with the secret identity element. But let's face it, no one was clamoring for this one. I remember thinking the idea of Ridley Scott/Russell Crowe working on a Robin Hood collaboration sounded cool to me when first announced. We know how that turned out.

This is one legend which has been done to death. I really like Prince of Thieves. Errol Flynn version is a definitive classic. Disney live action film from the 50s and the funny animated one with Ustinov, Terry Thomas, and Phil Harris chewing the scenery are very solid. But how many times are they going to go to the well with that story.

Didn't see this new version but trailer reeked of trying to make the story fresh for the modern audience.

Last edited:
Just watched this interesting YT video exploring why Hollywood keeps making Robin Hood and King Arthur movies, and why audiences have little interest in seeing them.

It featured a timeless romance you say? Well now I have to see it!

They’ve got to stop giving away 94% of the plot points in trailers.

It’s Robin Hood dude.. I mean..

The Grinch tries to steal Christmas too while we’re on this subject. I mean, do they have to spoil the entire plot of the film by putting it in the title..!?

Holy fuck this movie is terrible. Stay away.

Nothing lands. Rousing speeches suck. Comedy bits are almost funny. Dramatic slo-mo is overused. Action pieces have zero weight to them. Maid Marian is all pretty eyes and cleavage.

Ok that last one is more of a plus.

But seriously, it was terrible.

I had to turn off at about a third of the way. Abysmal. The peaceful Mohamedans getting "invaded" by the evil crusaders was not even the worst about the movie.

Back