ROBIN HOOD - 2018 Movie (15% RT Score)

If you have seen ROBIN HOOD (2018), how would you rate it?

• 9 - Great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 - Good

• 7 - Pretty Good

• 4 - Poor

• 2 - Poor

• Total voters
Well that puts an errant arrow into my Thursday movie marathon plans.

Bah. A remake no one wanted.

Im glad these remakes/reboots bomb.

Should have made it a buddy film - black guy and white guy planning a big robbery (so they can help the poor) and call it Robbing the Hood

Maybe Hollywood will learn?

I don't think there is anything to learn. I think they have no original ideas unless it's given to them in comic book form. Were at a point where almost every idea has been done now. Any movie you make will have been done in some way already and now you have to hope you can do it better which they almost never can.

I couldn't imagine anything worse than a flashy style Robin Hood movie.

I saw the TV trailer and thought -

"Good God That Looks Terrible."

Its like Hollywood is only greenlighting productions they know will suck.

Another Robin Hood movie? lol it doesn't matter, they'll give us a new one in about 10 years. lol

"I got another idea for a movie the kids will just love! It's called 'The Lone Ranger'. Remember waking up in your jammies, and watching "The Lone Ranger"? I think the kids today will really connect with that character, just like I did 70 years ago."

Fuck me, Hollywood. Get some fresh blood in there. Are you taking pitch meetings at nursing homes, or what?

Robin Hood
King Arthur
The Lone Ranger
Ben Hur
Hercules
Little Red Riding Hood

Fucks sake, enough is enough. Take the keys away from Grampa already.

I don't think there is anything to learn. I think they have no original ideas unless it's given to them in comic book form. Were at a point where almost every idea has been done now. Any movie you make will have been done in some way already and now you have to hope you can do it better which they almost never can.

If they cant think of anything themselves they should just adapt more books. I realize they alrdy do that alot im just saying there's alot of content that hasn't been done there.

If they cant think of anything themselves they should just adapt more books. I realize they alrdy do that alot im just saying there's alot of content that hasn't been done there.

That's another way to go but no clue why they wont do that more than they already do. Maybe to avoid paying the author I don't know.

I saw the TV trailer and thought -

"Good God That Looks Terrible."

Its like Hollywood is only greenlighting productions they know will suck.

Clearly, they are tanking to guarantee themselves a higher pick in the draft.

That's another way to go but no clue why they wont do that more than they already do. Maybe to avoid paying the author I don't know.

I think a lot of it depends. Sometimes authors sell their stuff but make it so they have say on stuff so then the directors lose creative freedom. A lot of stuff can be bought relatively cheap I think the headache of authors is more the issue.

A lot of stuff can be bought relatively cheap I think the headache of authors is more the issue.

This makes sense. Good on the authors to because the last thing you want is the hollywood idiots thinking they know how to make your book into a movie better than the creator himself. They don't always get it wrong but they've fucked up enough to lose any credibility they had.

Moorish commander, eh? Oh ok lol. Those sub-saharan Africans were all about being commanders of English armies. Good times. Sorry lol

Doesn't look like robin hood in any way, tbh.

Moorish commander, eh? Oh ok lol. Those sub-saharan Africans were all about being commanders of English armies. Good times. Sorry lol

Doesn't look like robin hood in any way, tbh.

Robin Hood: Prince of #BlackExcellence.

Back