Robin Black picking Nunes (The man who picked Holly to beat Ronda)

Nunes looked nervous at the official weigh in. She reminded me of a shy little girl put into the spotlight for the 1st time. I'm sure both are nervous like most people would be in their situation. Being able to hide it just makes a person a better actor.

No it doesn't. You've chosen to interpret it that way. I'm simply putting out there. It's upto you how you interpret it.

I'm still picking Ronda. lol
I should know better than to pursue this... haha... somehow though... here I am.

If you say "Robin Black says that Nunes wins" then you have a point.

If you say "Robin Black is the same guy who picked Holm to beat Rousey & he's also picking Nunes to win" then you are insinuating that Nunes will win because Robin Black sayz so.

The words you choose have meaning beyond what you may or may not realize they mean when you wrote it.

You obviously didn't realize the that when you worded it that way.

That's so funny that you are picking Ronda after wording your thread that way. You actually worded your thread against your own pick. Your OP actually continues to back the same idea.

Why would you do such a thing? Further... why would you continue to back your wording after it so obviously is not as you intended?

A lot was revealed in that face-off.

I agree but a lot was revealed before the face off as well. I knew Ronda was going to have to be lucky in order to win that fight. She had so much shit going on leading up to the fight and it was her 3rd title defense that year and the fight was moved up 2 months from where it was originally scheduled, in order to replace the Lawler/Condit fight. She was even talking about needing a break before the fight. People who were paying attention to all the signs didn't need the face off to make a determination.

Who isn't? I got a grand on Nunes.

giphy.gif

I should know better than to pursue this... haha... somehow though... here I am.

If you say "Robin Black says that Nunes wins" then you have a point.

If you say "Robin Black is the same guy who picked Holm to beat Rousey & he's also picking Nunes to win" then you are insinuating that Nunes will win because Robin Black sayz so.

The words you choose have meaning beyond what you may or may not realize they mean when you wrote it.

You obviously didn't realize the that when you worded it that way.

That's so funny that you are picking Ronda after wording your thread that way. You actually worded your thread against your own pick. Your OP actually continues to back the same idea.

Why would you do such a thing? Further... why would you continue to back your wording after it so obviously is not as you intended?

The thread title is a purely factual statement, my opinion is not represented there in any way.

It doesn't even indicate if I like him or not. I could have used that same title and opened up with insults or praise for him.

Me posting this is just me putting it out there for discussion. Maybe it has value to you, maybe it doesn't.

If I was picking Nunes and I was trying to use this to back that up by being like "Hey, see, I told you Nunes is gonna win!" then you'd be right.

I'm simply saying "Hey look, that dude who predicted Ronda to for the first time is picking her to lose again."

Last edited:
I think his breakdowns are a lot of smoke and mirrors. He's good with words and story telling but his fight "philosophies" are all made up hocus pocus.

Making picks based on face offs. Seems legit.

It's really common with analysts. You've already studied and researched tape.. what better time than right before the fight when they are face to face to make your final pick. Fights come down to inches, and how somebody is on the day or leading up to the fight. It makes perfect sense.

Last edited:
I have a buddy that bet on Holm but he's not an mma fan. He saw the odds and took at flier for 50 bucks.

Point being he doesn't think he is an mma fight picking genius

Nunes wins. In loser leave town fashion Rousey leaves UFC to join WWE.

My dad picked holly over Ronda and even called the head kick in the second round.

He also picked Phil Davis over Anthony Johnson for the record

can we go 20 seconds without you mentioning your boyfriend. we get it , you are in love

Back