Robin Black picking Nunes (The man who picked Holly to beat Ronda)

He was like the only person in the MMA media to predict that Holly would beat Ronda.

However, he does say that he may change his pick after seeing them face off at the weigh-ins.

Making picks based on face offs. Seems legit.

He backs them all up with sound reasoning.
Don't get me wrong, I actually like Robin and he does give an explanation for all of his picks. It just seems like he often picks the underdog and it doesn't always work out, so I wouldn't put much stock on his pick here.

He also picked the Germans in WWII and his nose in public

So many people acting like I'm saying Nunes is 100% going to win because he's picking her.

<36>

I'm simply saying that the one guy who picked her to lose to Holly is picking her to lose here.

Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm picking Ronda, I see Nunes having success early on but Ronda hanging in there and getting the sub.

Don't get me wrong, I actually like Robin and he does give an explanation for all of his picks. It just seems like he often picks the underdog and it doesn't always work out, so I wouldn't put much stock on his pick here.

Well it's never going to always workout, that would make him like a Back to the Future character.

He actually thinks picks are silly but I still like to hear his pick and the reasoning for it as he's a smart dude.

oh, well I guess that's a wrap then.

He picked that fight correctly then everything he ever picks from now on out is likely to be correct.
Said nobody. :rolleyes:

<43>

Your thread title suggests it. I'm not the only one who commented like that... so maybe just admit that's what you were going for. Or not... I just thought it waz funny enough to comment about. :D

There'z definitely good points to the "Nunes winz" argument.

p.s. oh wait... Robin Black said it? I gotta re-think everything! haha....

Im not a better but do ppl change their predictions when they see the face off?

Making picks based on face offs. Seems legit.

I don't think anybody makes their picks solely based on the weigh-ins but they can be a good indicator of a fighter's emotional state.

Ronda was clearly an emotional wreck when she faced off with Holly.

<43>

Your thread title suggests it. I'm not the only one who commented like that... so maybe just admit that's what you were going for. Or not... I just thought it waz funny enough to comment about. :D

There'z definitely good points to the "Nunes winz" argument.

p.s. oh wait... Robin Black said it? I gotta re-think everything! haha....

No it doesn't. You've chosen to interpret it that way. I'm simply putting out there. It's upto you how you interpret it.

I'm still picking Ronda. lol

He must have a Sherdog level belt in weigh in psychology.
To be fair, if a fighter fails to make weight or is clearly struggling, that can absolutely affect the performance. But things like "she turned away first!!! Getting KO'd confirmed!!!!1!!1!!!" is fucking nonsense.

For example, if Hendricks were actually on point and at his best, as he claimed, I'd favor him. But because he missed weight and was rambling incoherently yesterday during that interview, I can't imagine him winning the fight.

i have a bet on Rhonda to win 3rd rround sub but im thinking about puting money on Nunes the odds are good $$$$

Did he post about the latest trends for 40 year olds who still shop at Hot Topic yet?

i have a bet on Rhonda to win 3rd rround sub but im thinking about puting money on Nunes the odds are good $$$$

I'm thinking it's definitely a wrap inside 3 rounds. Can't see these 2 going into the championship rounds.

Nunes was gassed in the 3rd round against Sheva, Ronda would finish her in that state easy.

Back