Robin Black just lost credibility. Picked Bisping to beat Silva.

Robin Black sounds like a white belt sherdogger in that last prediction.

Robin Black: Okami is a very bad man. Okami is gonna shock the world. Okami by TKO.

Robin Black: Let’s face it. Silva has looked mediocre in his last few fights, mentally weak, like he can’t handle the pressure of being considered the best. Forrest, on the other hand, is mentally strong and very, very committed. At 205 pounds, I’m seeing Forrest make Silva look really bad on the way to a Griffin unanimous decision.

Robin Black: People think Sonnen has been trash talking, but he hasn’t. He’s just been “truthing.” Sonnen is tougher than Silva. He says so, and I believe him. Silva is getting fired Aug. 8 and Sonnen is becoming the champ and a hero to millions.

Robin Black sounds like a white belt sherdogger in that last prediction.
This is why athletes of any sport often hate the "experts". They give themselves way too much credit when their ability to predict is no better than your grandma filling out an NCAA tournament bracket. But these guys just continue to make strong predictions and ignore everything they have gotten wrong. That's okay for lowly sherdog members, but not if it's your chosen profession!

You lost credibility for saying someone lost credibility for making a fight prediction.

Um.. Robin Black never had any credibility anyway :)

This is why athletes of any sport often hate the "experts". They give themselves way too much credit when their ability to predict is no better than your grandma filling out an NCAA tournament bracket. But these guys just continue to make strong predictions and ignore everything they have gotten wrong. That's okay for lowly sherdog members, but not if it's your chosen profession!
He didn't ignore it, though. He just claimed trolling.

Robin Black never had ANY credibility. He knows the basics and is a dumb loudmouth with napoleon complex.
Bisping has ways to win that fight.

Silva is old, looked bad against Diaz, probably less PEDs, got outboxed by Sonnen...

Fight's not done yet, maybe Bisping flukes out a victory and he'll by mystic Black. Never make predictions before fights, just point fingers and laugh at those who got it wrong.

That old saying that a broken clock is still right twice a day will apply to Robin Black should Bisping win.

No, it is that crazy. Not because it's completely unfathomable that Bisping will win, but when Black picks against Silva (which he has done EVERY SINGLE FIGHT for.. I dunno... 8 years?) it is definitely coming from a place of crazy, not a place of logic.

I distinctly recall a thread posted years ago listing all the sherdog "pro's picks" Silva's fights. Black picks against him literally every time. That's crazy.

And I guess it also dispels TS notion that Black somehow lost credibility for this one. Any credibility he might have had he lost long ago.

My thoughts exactly. Even the broken clock is right twice a day so of course he's going to pick the right guy at least sometimes.

Going against Silva all these years and being wrong all the time proves he's got nothing but hate for the guy. He clearly can't tell the difference between Wonderboy's striking and Rosholt's.

For anyone that agrees with this nonsense, tell me how exactly Bisping will defeat the spider?

He's fighting Morgan Freeman, not the Spider.

Robin is a smart guy. Has predicted most of the big upsets recently.

What does that matter if his overall record is 1-56.
What does his record matter at all really...so long as he's well informed and actually believes it? He's gone out on a limb and been right and wrong. As long as a pick is well thought out and not for the sake of being a contrarian, im fine with it. No matter what the analyst looks like.

Look guys I'm the next big thing in fight predictions. I will now call almost every fight successfully.

half the fighters will win, the other half will lose, and if there are any draws or DQs, I was just trolling.

What does his record matter at all really...so long as he's well informed and actually believes it? He's gone out on a limb and been right and wrong. As long as a pick is well thought out and not for the sake of being a contrarian, im fine with it. No matter what the analyst looks like.
Point is you threw out his Holly Holm prediction as if you were demonstrating how accurate his picks are.

If he always picks against Silva then his credibility is unaffected by another such prediction. Esp when the fight hasn't happened yet.

Back