Media Robert Whittaker Visibly Upset Argues That "Any Kangaroo Beats/Does In Any Fighter"

No offense, but you have the English reading comprehension and sense of humor of a forced labor camp worker in 1950's China, and very little self-awareness. Where did I include any taxonomy in any argument other than saying "homo genus vs homo genus" just to fuck around without looking it up? Are you that dense and unaware of tone my bro? I didn't misunderstand it, I just overlooked the fact that there are two groupings that are spelled almost exactly the same, with the difference of one "i", and that describe different things. I didn't claim to be an anthropologist, or anything like that. I would say a polar bear would kill any human in combat, who cares about the bear's taxonomy? How is that misunderstanding anything? I even admitted you were right about that tidbit, but it was a pointless piece of trivia anyway.

You didn't provide an expert, you supplied a blog by a guy that doesn't specify having any credentials, it wasn't even remotely scientific.
You said (1) Chimps were in the homo genus and (2) that they were hominins. When I informed you that that wasn't true, you quoted something which you really didn't understand, which I corrected you on. You had your chance to read up on it.

You can backtrack all day and say you were joking, but again, you didn't get it even AFTER you read it and quoted it to me.

You brought up taxonomy in your post (you identified the taxonomy incorrectly), so as far as what that has to do with our discussion, you will have to ask yourself about that. It's all in writing, I don't know why you would try this silly defense.

You don't have to like my sense of humor, but as far as my English comprehension, I will guarantee you that you don't want to compare educational credentials with me. You could not understand the literature on taxonomy because you don't have the knowledge.

Oh yes, that great fountain of knowledge, animalworldfacts.

Again, of course it's a bad idea for a human to try to fuck with wild animals, and most average people would get fucked up and just plain scared and panicked. It's giving reasonable advice for common people. What I am saying is, you give me Ngannou, I put my money on him to defeat an adult chimp at the end of the day, in an organized Colosseum style match to the death. That is the whole of the argument. 275lbs of hardended African muscle in the sand mines, trained professionally to fight his whole life, vs some fuck with sharp teeth and barely stronger than a 170lbs guy, at most, in an organized face to face match, no flying in with a drop kick on some unexpecting housewife from the rooftop of a suburban chalet.
Someone like Gordon Ryan would have a better shot than someone like Francis. Apes don't know choke defense.

You guys act like chimps are these massive strong creatures. They're relatively small and p4p barely stronger than an AVERAGE male human. An above average male would smoke a chimp in hand to hand combat probably 8 or 9 times out of 10. The only thing to worry about is avoiding being bitten. Seriously look into this instead of just assuming this to be true because you've heard it from some other shertard.
Are you serious? Chimps are significantly stronger than humans, have a higher pain tolerance, and are ruthlessly aggressive

How many punches do you think it would take to break a grizzlys neck?
And without breaking every bone in your hand.
Not break <36> Just cause soft tissue damage. That's the point. Sorry if you didn't mean break literally, though

I'm not under the delusion you can punch a live, resisting huge predator out. While they do have, say, vitals like the throat and eyes, I'm pretty sure they don't possess the human weakness to knockout blows, on say the chin or temple, because (generally, for big animals) their necks and skulls are too thick. If it's for a smaller animal (sub 200 pounds) I do however believe they can still be knocked out (somehow, whether that be a strike or throwing a rock), considering the brain rattling thing still seems to work.

Edit: I also imagine the texture of bear neck for punching to be similar to a very hard, large steak. So more therapeutic than painful to punch, imo

Last edited:
Just to add to the discussion, I believe the matchup for chimp vs human is like 9:1 at best. I do think an absolute beast of a human could win, but the things with chimps, as pointed out, is that they're literally a wild fucking animal. In fact chimps may be the most aggressive of them all. They are ruthless assholes, who don't even seem particularly good at killing, just maiming. They tend to go for the nuts and face first, to render their rivals useless. Really. So that's what you're contending with. It will immediately, and ruthlessly, go for the eye gouge basically, and it's probably 5-10x better than a human at it. While a chimp's strength may be slightly exaggerated, their finger/arm strength, combined with their instincts and nasty nails, are not. They will rip your flesh off.

However. They cannot punch or strike. They lack the physiology and coordination. People also seem to think gorillas can or will punch. They can't. Maybe kind of a downward thump. This is important to note, imo, because humans have actually evolved to punch. Or rather, throw. We have the best throwing arm, due to the design/overhead function of the shoulder. Which also allows punching.

Last edited:
You guys act like chimps are these massive strong creatures. They're relatively small and p4p barely stronger than an AVERAGE male human. An above average male would smoke a chimp in hand to hand combat probably 8 or 9 times out of 10. The only thing to worry about is avoiding being bitten. Seriously look into this instead of just assuming this to be true because you've heard it from some other shertard.
That's such a dumb take, a Pitbull is weak as shit compared to a human, how many people would beat one in a fight unarmed? Even a leopard is weak compared to a powerlifter, but would absolutely fucking shred any man on the planet. Have you not seen what Chimps do to people, and to each other? Even Cowboy Cerrone had a small tussle with a child chimp that wasn't serious, and said he could barely do anything to it, think he told the story on JRE

Love how Dom interjected with "Bisping you're the kangaroo."

With regard to chimps, I think a lot of us have a picture of the ones you see in movies. Cute little guys you can carry around and share some hugs with; thing is, those are babies. Chimps get a lot bigger than you think, especially the true alphas, and they are freakin' mean! Sadly, they show a shocking lack of regard for the unified rules of MMA.

Do you not think you could kill an animal by punching it, if it put up no resistance? The force from human strikes is actually quite high. Don't see how that's a knock against humans when pretty much every mammal is built the same, ie has the same soft spots and targets
It's extremely unlikely you land a full power shot on an animal that has vastly superior speed. House cats and small dogs are the limit of human ability. Anything else is going to thrash you or eat you.

Rob is one of my favorites but he is wrong.

Not all Roos are trying to disembowel people. There are dozens of videos of Roos getting aggressive with humans and immediately going docile after getting punched in the face.

Part of fighting is willingness to be harmed and deal harm. And often Roos are less willing to do these things than man.

Now if he wanted to argue that a large bloodblusted kangaroo who is determined to kill Francis wins, sure, maybe thats true.

But as a general statement he is wrong.

But as a general statement he is wrong.
He is just saying that a bloodlusted Kanga (ie one trying to kill you) can definitely do so, and he is not wrong.

If you found yourself in a life and death fight with a decent sized Roo without a weapon then you will lose, it will eventually slice you open like a knife through butter with it's very sharp talons.

Only on sherdog you would find goofs who think a man can win an unarmed fight against a chimp. Chimps know our weaknesses. They rip off the eyes / face and bite off your genitals.

Ok Bobby, but is this 3 rounds or 5 rounds?

I think Bloodlusting Kangaroo takes Strickland in a 3 round fight in a ring, but Strickland clearly takes a 5 rounder in a cage...

Kangaroo's jokes used to be old even for Matthew Quigley, ffs.

Back