• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Robersons grappling!

Tbf Vettori is criminally underrated and is unfairly under ranked. Next fight should be a top 15 opponent

Roberson is ill and Vettori is pretty good.

I didn't see it.
giphy.gif

LOL @ TS trying to flex his blue belt.

Been training BJJ for 11 1/2 years (Brown Belt), you're foolish for even implying that there is correlation between casual BJJ and high level MMA. 95% chance you'd lose to anyone in your MMA weight class.

LOL @ TS trying to flex his blue belt.

Been training BJJ for 11 1/2 years (Brown Belt), you're foolish for even implying that there is correlation between casual BJJ and high level MMA. 95% chance you'd lose to anyone in your MMA weight class.

Wasnt really flexing but damn 11.5 and only brown. Probably in Idaho. Also my wrasslin hold ur bitch ass down

Looked more like desperation.. someone grabs your neck you fight the hands no?
Yeah that's a good point. And I'm no black belt, but I certainly have never seen that particular guillotine escape taught in any BJJ class :)
Now I'm not necessarily agreeing or disagreeing, and I certainly don't want to take away from the guy for a pretty cool and creative escape. What it certainly does demonstrate is an amount of cage-awareness (can't think of a better term for it) and resourcefulness that a lot of people wouldn't possess in that situation. One thing I observed a long time ago is that some grapplers have a talent for doing neat and flashy moves, and I can always appreciate that as a fight fan, but that talent is generally trumped by good, solid fundamentals. Just not every time. Sorry I am drunk and rambling

Got pounded in and choked out in the first round. Didn't even land a single significant strike.

Yep, he got starched.
Vettori was losing on the feet before Roberson made the dumb decision of trying to take his back

Lol @ "starched"

His offensive grappling isn't half bad, weirdly. His defence is really bad though, he looks like a kickboxer when he's forced to defend on the ground.

Got pounded in and choked out in the first round. Didn't even land a single significant strike.

Yep, he got starched.

I dont think you know what starched means lol but no doubt it was a great win

Back