Robbie Lawler vs Michael Bisping???

HOV

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If these two UFC champs were to face each other today who would take it?How would this fight go down?For some reason I have the ruthless one winning due to the power differential....What say you?

Bisping is too big and technical. Condit pretty much beat Lawler. I have to think Bisping would do it easier. Too technical and high output.

Bisping is too big and technical. Condit pretty much beat Lawler. I have to think Bisping would do it easier. Too technical and high output.
Bisping was also more technical than Thales Leites, but he had a very tough standup fight that night, and Lawler is easily a better striker.

I think it's hard to pick a favorite between Lawler and Bisping, but I'm leaning towards the latter, though.

Last edited:
Yeah but Condit utilizes a lot of kicks as to where Bisping is usually more of a technical boxer...I also think Condit is even more technical and dangerous than Bisping is

I still think Robbie has the power to put anyone down...even at middleweight
He certainly does, but Anderson couldn't find his chin. Bisping is smart enough to avoid the power. And don't post Andy's knee or H Bomb. I'm aware. Just saying statistically, Bisping would get it done.

Yeah but Condit utilizes a lot of kicks as to where Bisping is usually more of a technical boxer...I also think Condit is even more technical and dangerous than Bisping is

Maybe. But that's at WW. Bisping dropped Anderson twice and knocked out the massive Luke Rockhold. If he hit a WW today I'm sure he could hurt them.

Robbie's defense tho
I like Robbie by decision in that fight
He'd just hurt Bisping more than enough with counters imho

Bisping via "Robbie fights at WW for a reason"

Robbie's defense tho
I like Robbie by decision in that fight
He'd just hurt Bisping more than enough with counters imho
I honestly think that would be the difference...don't get me wrong I like Bisping but let's be honest he isn't going to be champ long

Bisping via "Robbie fights at WW for a reason"
True but I just like the stylistic match up because they're both not grapplers...it's the striking affair that sounds interesting to me

True but I just like the stylistic match up because they're both not grapplers...it's the striking affair that sounds interesting to me

Hmmm...i think Bispings' boxing is underrated..same goes for Robbies', but the otherway around, he gets hit a lot.

But....if it goes into the fifth...

Rmc_1.jpg

Tough to call, I'd say Bisping by decision. But don't sleep on Robbie.

I think this would be a really good fight. It's close I see it going to the 5th. I think Robbie might have a slightly better chance to finish Bisping and would have an even better gas tank in the 5th than he usually does. It's really tough to call, I could see Bisping utilizing his size advantage and maybe switching it up with some clinch work and possible offensive grappling to throw Robbie off his game.

Slightly leaning towards Bisping Dec. followed by a Lawler late TKO.

Good matchup.

Lawler spent a good portion of his early career at 185 because he felt the weight cut made him feel weaker. He still had some very good wins at that weight, and he was still able to hurt his opponents. One can even argue that he beat Sobral in their catch weight bout, and Sobral was a solid 205er.

I would still pick Bisping because he is a primarily defensive minded fighter, but if CB Dalloway was able to find Bisping's chin so often, and in a fairly recent fight, I'd say Lawler could do the same.

Back