Robbie Lawler vs Carlos Condit official for UFC 193

Woodley should have got the shot
Woodley did not deserve the shot. He deserved it more than Condit, but he needed that one big win to get him there, and he ended up looking pretty bad against zombie-Gastelum. He deserves this title-eliminator, though.

He made no response all while Lombard did have a license and was calling him out last year. He did fight Rory who would have been a profitable win for him at the time so that's understandable. He then fought Dong Hyun Kim, who, while a good fighter, is no Lombard in terms of physical ability. There are many ways to interpret it, but it seems clear that Woodley is a fighter who has proven very unwilling to risk his spot in the rankings.

Lombard sat out more than half of last year injured. He came up with a new nickname and when he eventually did fight he got busted.

I mean, I guess Woodley could have sat out all last year like Lombard but he didn't. He fought 3-4 times while Lombard fought once.

Another example of the UFC picking style over those who actually the deserve the shot. Great fight though, expect Robbie to walk through Condit.

Woodley talked a lot of shit to Hendricks about him not wanting to fight. Whether it made sense or not, it didn't look good on Woodley when he talked all of that, but still refused to tangle with Hector.

Like I just replied to another poster - Lombard fought 1x last year then sat out injured. Not sure if you expected Woodley to sit around and wait on him or what, but Woodley kept busy fighting 3-4 times last year while Lombard sat out, thought up a new nickname, did steroids and called out people he couldn't fight anyway.

All who complain about this fight because WAAAH HENDRICKS DESERVED IT will be fed to the one true God; the JUST BLEED God, may his name be forever written in the crimson lifesblood of the cowards and pedants

Freakin love this fight. Two of the most exciting WWs ever, imo. Only blemish is the Diaz fight, but can't blame him for running.

Godlike. Condit takes it. I think he beats all strikers in the division and Hendricks in a 5 rounder. Maia would probably beat him though

This fight is so good that I just can't see anyone winning. The black hole will form in the center of the octagon when the fight starts.
Condit doesn't have the power to finish Lawler, who has the power, but no one can finish condit with punches/kicks.
Amazing fight!!!!

I'm not sure that Condit deserves a title shot after just one fight back from his horrific injury, but I don't even care because this matchup is that exciting.

I think Condit got a pass to the title shot after beating Alves. Either way, Lawler will handle business with ease. 3rd round KO.

As much as I want to see this fight.....TERRIBLE matchup to do now.

Its painfully obvious the UFC does not care at all about their championships. From awarding title shots to guys coming off of a loss (Belfort, Sonnen, Diaz, Gus) to handing out interim belts like free turkeys at a homeless shelter, to this.

Hendricks loses his belt in a razor thin split decision and now has to win TWO fights to get another shot? Meanwhile, name another champion who lost his belt in a CLOSE fight who had to re-climb the division after? Condit meanwhile has lost 3 of his last 5 fights and gets a title shot after beating Alves? GMAFB

large_gULACAZnPnyauix3mgMKG63UkXt.jpg

Kind of a bogus title shot, but I don't mind since it's such an amazing fight.

WW title shots had been given to less-deserving challengers, so I'm not gonna bother to complain about this potentially-amazing fight.

Let's get it on!

Condit takes it. Horrible stylistic fight for Robbie.

I think this as well. Condit is going to be more mentally prepared. I don't think Lawler can break him. I'm going to tune in to find out though!

Unless Robbie knocks Carlos out, I see Carlos being a volume kickboxing typhoon to a via decision.

Back