Robbie Lawler TKO Nick Diaz GIFS

My God you fucking dickheads. The dude's was old and on the fence about fighting to begin with. He provided us with a couple rounds of fun scrap, and instead of getting pummeled, he clocked out.

A legend of the sport who comes back from a six year hiatus has every right to do this.

And guess what? I'm not even a fan of either Diaz brother.
I tend to agree, with the caveat of it's ok for a free event but not a PPV.

Nick came in injured somehow, that or he sold wolf tickets, bet on himself and took a dive to make sure he was paid..

Some say he was ko’d in training. That’s why they suddenly wanted the fight at 185.

This is one thing that mesmerized me:

Nick's movement looked like slow-motion for almost everything--except for when he threw hooks to the body and uppercuts. Those always seemed to be at regular speed, slightly quick, even. It was kind of strange to me.

It also seemed like they had a gentleman's agreement to not take it to the ground, where Diaz could submit him at will.

I still think even right now Nick is the better brother. Obviously Nate has more heart but Nick's skillset is a lot better. Even last night you saw some of that great Diaz boxing.

It's just too fun to fuck with his fans.

His fans ALWAYS had put him on this tremendous pedestal.. personally I noticed that even when Nick was at his best during his Strikeforce run.

Since then, it's been disappointment after disappointment and somehow his fans still believe in the Stockton 209 Bad MOFO Warrior hype.*

*talking about Nick. IMO Nate is and always has been the better fighter.
He looked at his best during Strikeforce because he fought shitty fighters.

Rob face planted in the first fight, wasn’t out cold and wanted to continue. They both weren’t in their prime yet and the rematch wasn’t their prime either. However, skills and experience added up through the years. Nick has that mentality of going forward and putting the pressure. He’s the type of fighter that gets into his opponent’s head and breaks them down physically and mentally.

Rob was the one that made him give up. There’s a difference with this fight and the first. Nick has never really KO’ed anyone out cold. It would’ve been more impressive if they would’ve let the first fight continue and see if Nick could have completely finished it from there. Robbie still had some fight in him still. Hell, they allowed Cheik Kongo continue after blacking out multiple times for a split second against Pat Barry. That looked more obvious.

To add to the rematch, Nick looked a lot bigger against Robbie. In the countdown video, he said Robbie never evolved and is still the same fighter since their first match up.

This is one thing that mesmerized me:

Nick's movement looked like slow-motion for almost everything--except for when he threw hooks to the body and uppercuts. Those always seemed to be at regular speed, slightly quick, even. It was kind of strange to me.

It also seemed like they had a gentleman's agreement to not take it to the ground, where Diaz could submit him at will.
lmao sure they got the agreement to not take it to the ground until Quit Diaz got dropped and didn't want to get up

Back