Robbie Lawler TKO Nick Diaz GIFS

My God you fucking dickheads. The dude's was old and on the fence about fighting to begin with. He provided us with a couple rounds of fun scrap, and instead of getting pummeled, he clocked out.

A legend of the sport who comes back from a six year hiatus has every right to do this.

And guess what? I'm not even a fan of either Diaz brother.

I didn’t think Nick looked that bad tbh.. he was landing his shots, mixing it up and doing his thing but he ate some nasty body shots, and him being noticeably softer than he used to be means they hurt him much more than they normally would. That made him start to slow down and then he started getting clipped with big shots after that but it happens.

As far as people arguing about this win being more or less significant than their first match, it’s about the same to me tbh.. neither were in their primes in the first fight and both young and reckless ( especially Robbie ) and this fight both have obviously seen better days.

Im glad Robbie got the chance to even the score, and Diaz looked decent tbh if he decides to fight again and comes in better shape I can see him beating some mid tier strikers or past their prime guys.

My God you fucking dickheads. The dude's was old and on the fence about fighting to begin with. He provided us with a couple rounds of fun scrap, and instead of getting pummeled, he clocked out.

A legend of the sport who comes back from a six year hiatus has every right to do this.

anytime a fighter taps to strikes they get obliterated on here , yet he can verbally tap after no serious damage, comparatively, while his opponent is walking away to let him up, and he gets a pass? Nah. I knew he was getting crushed, I'm glad he did, and even more glad it went the way it did.

Agree.

Robbie face planted but wanted to keep going.

Nick thought he put on enough of a show and just decided to quit.

robbie had no idea wtf was going on lol

oddly the punch that dropped nick was almost the same as what dropped Robbie lol

I wake up to this? lol dont be scared homie...

Nah Lawler did the right thing. Make him get up and make him quit. He's done that a million times in his career and Nick ain't the first to quit.

I prefer what he did to Matt Lindland. I was hoping to see something like that, re-adjusting Nick's stiffened corpse to signal the end of his career.

wFhTtWF.gif

<DCrying>

Love it. Pride FC stars used to have bums take dives for them.

These same so called stars are now taking dives themselves.

I gotta give that to Fedor atleast, to this day atleast he gets legitimately knocked out cold even if it's against LHW's.

No. He got paid to fight. Fans paid to watch a fight. Not someone lay down and quit.

You shouldn't come back if you aren't strength & conditioned. Period.
His body failed him not his mind.
And the juxtaposition with an extremely well conditioned Lawler who trained seriously is appropriate.

I didn’t think Nick looked that bad tbh.. he was landing his shots, mixing it up and doing his thing but he ate some nasty body shots, and him being noticeably softer than he used to be means they hurt him much more than they normally would. That made him start to slow down and then he started getting clipped with big shots after that but it happens.

As far as people arguing about this win being more or less significant than their first match, it’s about the same to me tbh.. neither were in their primes in the first fight and both young and reckless ( especially Robbie ) and this fight both have obviously seen better days.

Im glad Robbie got the chance to even the score, and Diaz looked decent tbh if he decides to fight again and comes in better shape I can see him beating some mid tier strikers or past their prime guys.

He looked like old Nick Diaz...Just completely lacking any sort of conditioning.
I doubt this guy even runs anymore, looking at his state.

It's just too fun to fuck with his fans.

His fans ALWAYS had put him on this tremendous pedestal.. personally I noticed that even when Nick was at his best during his Strikeforce run.

Since then, it's been disappointment after disappointment and somehow his fans still believe in the Stockton 209 Bad MOFO Warrior hype.*

*talking about Nick. IMO Nate is and always has been the better fighter.

Lawler didn't look much better tonight.

Lawler three or four years ago would have immediately noticed Nick's paddy-cake strikes were no threat and would have went for the kill in the 1st round.

No. He looked great for his age. Put in the S&C training, unlike Diaz.

I thought Nick's nose had exploded ala Rory McDonald or Mike Perry and that's why he quit. Then in the interview it didn't look that bad. Then again, the guy is 38 and hadn't fought for 6 years. He looked decent, all things considered. He had taken enough damage and was there for a paycheck, I don't really hold it against him. It's not like he was planning on contending for anything.

Back