Rob Zombie Halloween 2.

They're both terrible, but people need to quit acting like he ruined some amazing franchise.

Rob zombies film suck goat choad.

They're both terrible, but people need to quit acting like he ruined some amazing franchise.

Not some great franchise, but one with a simple formula.

Idk how you can fuck up a movie with a built in formula like that.

Making Michael a 6'9 hulking power lifter is overkill.

Who cares about his potential supernatural aspects when naturally a guy that enormous could kill most folk who are significantly smaller than him.

And Zombie's female cast made up of a bunch of girls who behave with an "ahh fuck everyone and everything!" attitude makes it a daunting task to have an audience give a damn whether they survive to the end or the get hacked midway through.

So sure, when you have a contemptible cast of 'good guys' you really need to up the level of butchery to make the film even mildly interesting.

I hate pro wrestler michael Myers. I miss the Myers that can blend into society.

I dunno I have seen Get Out
You mad? That's what salty, bitter people say about Get Out. GTFOH

As far as Halloween 2...it was weird man. Not only that, but Myers was ridiculously violent. I know that's weird to say about a scary movie, but some of his kills went overboard. The story didn't flow that well either.

I had actually never seen the original hollween movies until last week. How does zombies 1st movie compare to the original? I remember when it came out people said it was good, but people also liked the hills have eyes.

I liked holloween 2 (1981) more than the first. I see why its iconic but its pretty boring too. Soundtrack is on point though.

Not some great franchise, but one with a simple formula.

Idk how you can fuck up a movie with a built in formula like that.

I think that's part of the problem though. It's so simple, that you can only go in so many directions, and 99 out of a 100 of those directions is gonna piss people off. Would it have been better if Zombie just copy and pasted the original? What he did do didn't pan out, but at least he tried something a bit different, and in the case of H2, something wildly different.

I might not be the right person to talk to about this though, as I find the original Halloween to be one of the most overrated movies of all time. Rob Zombie's supposed raping of the franchise doesn't really resonate with me all that much, because I don't think he was working with much to begin with. They are terrible movies though, and probably his personal worst flicks.

As far as Halloween 2...it was weird man. Not only that, but Myers was ridiculously violent. I know that's weird to say about a scary movie, but some of his kills went overboard. The story didn't flow that well either.

Exactly.
The kills had to be overboard simply because no one even cared about the characters.
If you care about the character then you don't need the most violent death possible to off them.

Why anyone would watch one of the 25 Halloween sequels/remakes is beyond me. Get an original movie idea for once people.

I'm mad??? You just replied to my post all pissed off.

I think your a bit mad champ.

tenor.gif

Pretty shitty movie. The first one wasn’t too bad.

Something I don’t see mentioned a lot that really ruined things for me, was Loomis being a dickhead.

It showed how desperate he is to somehow put his wife in his movies regardless of how stupid it is.

For me at least, the first one wasn't THAT bad. Yes I get it, Zombie took all the mystery from Michael Myers, but at least it gave some sort of story other than babysitters getting stabbed.

The second one was weird. It just was. Some white pony curse shit. But despite all it's faults there was still a nightmare quality towards it. Just a really incoherent nightmare.

Long story short, I liked both movies simply for one reason; we got to see Michael Myers not just kill people with a knife, but he for ONCE beat the shit out of people with a butcher knife for 4 hours.

Worst movie of all time?

Discus

Dude, so not. It was not good but I've seen movies that make his H2 a fucking masterpiece. And I won't even mention Club Dread. There's shit out there that pretends to be legit watchable but ends up making you really, really angry. Hell, I think Halloween: Resurrection was way worse...

His H1 was actually not bad at all, a things considered...

But honestly, anything trying to match or come even close to Carpenter's H1 is pretty much shit out of luck and jolly-well fucked. Black Sabbath as the soundtrack? You fucking wish!!! The atmosphere of that movie, Jamie Lee Curtis in all her young glory... Oh man....

Full disclosure, I'm so not about to toss to JLC right now.

Dude, so not. It was not good but I've seen movies that make his H2 a fucking masterpiece. And I won't even mention Club Dread. There's shit out there that pretends to be legit watchable but ends up making you really, really angry. Hell, I think Halloween: Resurrection was way worse...

His H1 was actually not bad at all, a things considered...

Resurrection was better imo because it took itself less seriously.

The hills have eyes 2 is another bad one that comes to mind.

I really liked the first Rob Zombie Halloween. The whole Micheal Myers back story was really cool.

Jason x was up there

I'm a huge F13 fan and even though Jason X is one of the worst in the franchise, it's miles above RZ's Halloween 2.

Jason X knew it was schlocky fun. Zombie threw in scenes of his wife dressed in white next to a horse and tried to pass it as artsy.

Last edited:
Back