Media Rob Whittaker: I'm going in with bad intentions, to finish Paulo early and really hurt him

I think wars rack up the mileage faster than the calander does. Thanks for the wars Rob, but I think this looks similar to the Dricus fight. He just can't absorb as much as he used to.

Hopefully Dricus didn't crack his chin. He has the better skill set, but Paulo has pretty good power.
to be honest, Paulo's power is super overrated. I think people look at his muscles and think he has power...he usually overpowers dudes with multiple shots over a course of a round/few minutes, I can't remember him actually knocking someone out with one shot.

"He's one of those guys, if you give him space and let him fight his fight, he will bully you. He will take advantage of that passiveness. I do not intend to let him have that,
I'm going in there with bad intentions. I'm looking to go into this fight to really hurt him, and that's just the mentality that I've adopted for this guy. I want to utilize all the training
that I've been putting in for this camp, and the best way to do that is through him."

"Like I mentioned earlier, he's the type of fighter that likes to bully his opponents. He wants to get in there to be the bigger guy, aggressive guy. He wants opponents that are
hesistant to come in on him, because they're intimidated by him. And that's where I'll beat him, because I'm not intimidated by him. I'm not scared of anything he's got,
I'm better across the board at everything that he is."

"I'm going in there with bad intentions. I'm going in there to try and close this fight early, and this is what I want and what I'm gonna make happen. It's funny because I am
upset with how many times I've been able to fight the recent years, because of one reason or another. Because of him a bunch of the times. I can't speak on his dynamic
or what he's doing, he's a bit of a strange caracter at the best of times. But I do know that the only way to get better at fighting is to fight."

I love Bobby bad intentions Knuckles

Rob we all know you're gonna stick and move and beat Costa with superior speed and technique. If you're a point fighter you're a point fighter, you gotta win to get paid.

Stand in the pocket with Costa and you'll probably get hurt again.
This

to be honest, Paulo's power is super overrated. I think people look at his muscles and think he has power...he usually overpowers dudes with multiple shots over a course of a round/few minutes, I can't remember him actually knocking someone out with one shot.
Didn't Costa rock Romero?

if costa hadnt been so inactive id pick him to win this fight

Bobby rocks, WAR Whittaker.

Yes he has CTE and he's chinny as hell these days, but might as well have one last run for the title.

I'd like to see bobby retire soon though, he's a good dude, but he's taken a lot of damage from absolute beasts, and you can tell..

Hopefully Dricus didn't crack his chin. He has the better skill set, but Paulo has pretty good power.
I feel like he LOOKS like he has good power like when he swings every muscle in his body tenses up and nearly cracks the camera lense. But he doesn't seem to have great precision I don't think I've ever seen him flat line or even seriously KD someone that wasn't a war of attrition style KD.

Rob's signature combo for a head kick KO of Costa would make me so, so happy

Bobby rocks, WAR Whittaker.

Yes he has CTE and he's chinny as hell these days, but might as well have one last run for the title.

I'd like to see bobby retire soon though, he's a good dude, but he's taken a lot of damage from absolute beasts, and you can tell..

Can you? He seems perfectly coherent on his MMArcade podcast.

Rushing in to try to finish Costa early is probably not a great idea. But I like his attitude. Plus, he could really use a big win and Costa probably needs to go. If Costa wins, we are looking at more cancelled bouts in the future and more time wasted for other fighters. It’s getting tiresome.

lol depression man has a gameplan

It’s a lot easier to read with an Australian accent

Yeah, there are question marks about both guys. I don't question Rob's heart or Fight IQ like I do Costa's. But he hasn't finished anyone in a LONG time, has now been KO'd 3 times and you wonder when he's going to start a clear decline. I'm not calling an end to his prime based on the DDP fight, but he needs to prove himself next time.

With that said, Costa came in way over the weight limit against Vettori and looked bad....then had a ho-hum decision win against an old, washed, chinless Rockhold. So I'd say he has even more to prove than Whittaker.

Back