RIZIN 31 - October 24th

That’s sad, but I guess becoming the noted reality for most on here.

I'm the only person I know that watches anything outside of UFC and Cage Warriors, I train combat sports too. Most MMA fans are exclusively UFC fans, it is what it is.

I'm the only person I know that watches anything outside of UFC and Cage Warriors, I train combat sports too. Most MMA fans are exclusively UFC fans, it is what it is.
I know JMMA is niche here, but I was only speaking in comparison to the fanbase Rizin once already had.

When a card like Rizin 11 had Rena, Jiri, Gomi, Guillard, Horiguchi, Brandao etc...
...the PBP threads seemed at least 4 times as active as they've become now. Never mind on New Years.

I'll let it be though. I understand that there's many who are in support of the products new direction. It just seems to be at the cost of many of those same people watching.

Last edited:
I know JMMA is niche here, but I was only speaking in comparison to the fanbase Rizin once already had.

When a card like Rizin 11 had Rena, Jiri, Gomi, Guillard, Horiguchi, Brandao etc...
...the PBP threads seemed at least 4 times as active as they've become now. Never mind on New Years.

I'll let it be though. I understand that there's many who are in support of the products new direction. It just seems to be at the cost of many of those same people watching.
I dont think the direction of the product internally has changed much. the world has changed. Japan is still an extremely strict country when it comes to any sort of travel.

I dont think the direction of the product internally has changed much. the world has changed. Japan is still an extremely strict country when it comes to any sort of travel.
I was responding to two earlier posts that were stating that Rizin should continue with focusing on Japanese talent and not worry about the international audience.

I’m not sure if they meant just during COVID, or going forward longterm. If longterm, then I would see it as a change of direction, as I always viewed Rizin as a company who showcased fighters from around the globe, and who were aware of the international fanbase that used to watch Pride.

Last edited:
Rumour is Sasuke (Shooto shamp), which would be a good match up. Rinya Nakamura might be on the card ,too.

Dont count on it though, might just be some gibberish I heard.

Well you were right about them bringing in another domestic champion, it was just DEEP's Ushiku instead. Decent fight, still doesn't stack up to Koike or Horie imo.

Also, Sudario returns against the future of the Megaton division, Saint!

Well you were right about them bringing in another domestic champion, it was just DEEP's Ushiku instead. Decent fight, still doesn't stack up to Koike or Horie imo.

Also, Sudario returns against the future of the Megaton division, Saint!
Is Ushiki any good? I just checked his record and he lost and then won by split against a 41 yr old Nakamura who is 30-20 and did not have a great streak before

And lol where can I watch Saint's bouts?

My guess is that Kloike and Mikuru both want more money+more time to prepare/recover, so Sakakibara was like screw both of you. This way he can play them against each other and give less money to the challenger.

Kleber Koike turned the fight down. It’s been a big point of drama

giphy.gif

What's wrong with Kleber?
He called Saito out, then when given a date for the fight said he couldn't make the weight in time, then when offered a later date said he was injured.

Saito is pissed that Kleber said his name and when it came time to put pen to paper gave him the run-around.

Back