Rivera/Dodson is the 1st fight on the FX prelims.....

Chad W

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Pretty far fall for Rivera from main eventing a FS1 card to opening the prelims on FX. Don't really understand the decision behind putting a fight like Charles Byrd/Darren Stewart (??) over a banger fight like this. You could argue that this is the third best fight on the card behind Woodley/Till and Zabit/Yair

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 11.30.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 11.30.29 AM.png
    352.6 KB · Views: 76
wme for ya. the bout order has been screwed up since they came around. they must have a quota or goal of how many WMMA fights they put on the main card of ppvs, cuz they randomly force 2-3 them on a ppv and then their isnt any on the next 1

As much as I'd love to laugh about 3 WMMA fights on the main card, those 3 fights are fantastic.

As much as I'd love to laugh about 3 WMMA fights on the main card, those 3 fights are fantastic.

tenor.gif

Moraes turned him into the Sleepy Hollow.

They need something on the prelims too, to bait you in, after which they try to brainwash you to buy their PPV.

I'd still watch Rivera/Dodson over any of those three WMMA fights. Someone has the chance to get KTFO

JJ Aldrich was on the main card for UFC 227

{<jordan}

Honestly can't take you seriously as a MMA fan if you don't understand that Rivera vs Dodson is a worthwhile fight.

Pretty far fall for Rivera from main eventing a FS1 card to opening the prelims on FX. Don't really understand the decision behind putting a fight like Charles Byrd/Darren Stewart (??) over a banger fight like this. You could argue that this is the third best fight on the card behind Woodley/Till and Zabit/Yair

I’m pretty sure it has to do with baiting people in to watch the rest of the card and buy the ppv, because TV fight events have a tendency to get the primary viewers tuning in towards the end, right before the main event.

I remember a couple of good fights that were put on fight pass prelims in the past, and I heard the reasoning was to attract more people to fight pass.

I mean it’s not too weird when you think about it, a band at a concert usually starts the show with a popular hit right? An album usually starts with a good song too.

Let’s not forget that Alvarez went from a main even title fight to headlining prelims his next fight.

Not really. I can see Rivera or Dodson challenge for the belt next year, can't see Sterling or Stamann making it there.
Dodson ain't getting anywhere near a title shot. Universally loathed.

I agree it’s weird that it’s so far down on the card. The only benefit is that it’s actually primetime (8PM) on the East Coast, instead of after midnight, which is when most main events start.

I was surprised to see this too, I've never seen Dodson put on a boring fight before

cant believe this comment actually got likes
Shevchenko vs Montano is a title fight, and therefore automatic co-main.

Tatiana Suarez is the definition of an A level athlete. The UFC needs to push her as she is a legit threat to be UFC champion.

Andrade vs Karolina K is a guaranteed war.

Back