Rivera/Dodson is the 1st fight on the FX prelims.....

Shevchenko vs Montano is a title fight, and therefore automatic co-main.

Tatiana Suarez is the definition of an A level athlete. The UFC needs to push her as she is a legit threat to be UFC champion.

Andrade vs Karolina K is a guaranteed war.
WMMA... <36><36><36>

Youre shitting on Suarez and Bullet yet everyone's upset jog in place, circle, throw one punch, circle for 30 seconds, rinse and repeat Dodson isn't on a main card?

From main event to first prelim

Thanks WME

Dodson ain't getting anywhere near a title shot. Universally loathed.

He knocked out the current champion. He would absolutely get a title shot if he keeps winning. And TJ would want that fight.

From main eventing and fans saying he should've gotten a title shot 4 years ago to opening match on the prelims. <45>

#MarlonBless

They need something on the prelims too, to bait you in, after which they try to brainwash you to buy their PPV.
His point is it's the FIRST prelim. Pay attention
I’m pretty sure it has to do with baiting people in to watch the rest of the card and buy the ppv, because TV fight events have a tendency to get the primary viewers tuning in towards the end, right before the main event.

I remember a couple of good fights that were put on fight pass prelims in the past, and I heard the reasoning was to attract more people to fight pass.

I mean it’s not too weird when you think about it, a band at a concert usually starts the show with a popular hit right? An album usually starts with a good song too.

Smart to start off with a bang. This is about getting eyeballs on the screen, not bullshit old school respect measurements based on how late in the card your fight is.

Not really. I can see Rivera or Dodson challenge for the belt next year, can't see Sterling or Stamann making it there.
Sterling was a hot prospect not long ago and stamman currently is one. He's 17-1 right now 3-0 in ufc

Byrd/Stewart will be infinitely more exciting than Rivera/Dodson

I'm not a huge wmma fan but all 3 of those female fights on the main card are interestingor entertaining match ups.

Sucks Rivera vs Dodson is on prelims.

They need something on the prelims too, to bait you in, after which they try to brainwash you to buy their PPV.
But the prelim main event is that spot. Not the opener.

Smart placement honestly. If Sterling/Stamann and Dodson/Rivera were the last two fights I would probably just skip the first two. This way I’m far more likely to watch the other two fights sandwiched between them since I don’t want to miss that particular fight.

His point is it's the FIRST prelim. Pay attention

I know, that’s why I said that their intention is to get people to watch the REST of the card, and by that I mean BOTH prelims and the ppv. They need eyeballs watching more of the prelims for ad revenue.

Youre shitting on Suarez and Bullet yet everyone's upset jog in place, circle, throw one punch, circle for 30 seconds, rinse and repeat Dodson isn't on a main card?
That's all he does if he doesn't get the KO. Lineker fight especially sucked for how long it was.

BUT HE KNOCKED OUT TJ

As far as WMMA goes the fights on this card are actually quality matchups. Rather watch those than Dodson.

That's all he does if he doesn't get the KO. Lineker fight especially sucked for how long it was.

BUT HE KNOCKED OUT TJ

As far as WMMA goes the fights on this card are actually quality matchups. Rather watch those than Dodson.

Dodson is awful to watch and Rivera a grinder. Fights guaranteed to be boring.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of WMMA but these are 3 quality match ups. Each with big implications.

Dodson is awful to watch and Rivera a grinder. Fights guaranteed to be boring.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of WMMA but these are 3 quality match ups. Each with big implications.
Me either but every division has fighters worth watching. Valentina, KK, Andrade, and Suarez are actually very skilled.

Back