Ristie vs Moxon at Glory 19 Superfight Series

Another good fight. Solid main show and a really good start to the SFS match announcements

And that Bloody Elbow says announcement about Glory 20 comes tomorrow. A non US event (Dubai?) starring a former ufc vet. I wonder who.

And that Bloody Elbow says announcement about Glory 20 comes tomorrow. A non US event (Dubai?) starring a former ufc vet. I wonder who.

gotta be Pat Barry? Though i have seen chris camozzi tweeting about glory a lot and his kid brother brian did fight for them on an undercard in denver i believe

God no for both of those names. Hope that was JJ Manchester humor and not a serious answer.

If Glory is lying about this being on tv in america again I am done with them. You can't put the only fighter pretty much every fan agree's is a must watch on some shit that will never be shown expect from private youtube links in 1980's video quality.

Also I wonder if they had to make a deal with ristie to not fight for kunlun after the last event killed them

Last edited:
If Glory is lying about this being on tv in america again I am done with them. You can't put the only fighter pretty much every fan agree's is a must watch on some shit that will never be shown expect from private youtube links in 1980's video quality.

Also I wonder if they had to make a deal with ristie to not fight for kunlun after the last event killed them

well to be fair they have only said negotiations were underway; sometimes negotiations dont come off, thats what happens. personally i am just glad they are at least commited to finding a tv outlet for them and that youtube isnt the long term plan

The only thing that kunlun show killed was its own pocket - an agent i know who supplied some of the fighters says they lost a shit ton of money and scored very low ratings; he said they "are like a chinese version of Legend" and will need to seriously rethink if they want to find success. He is backing WLF to win the war for the chinese market. Also said that the many sponsors their posters are decorated with are sponsors "in spirit" and are paying no money for their presence. So, i'd refrain from betting the house on Kunlun just yet.

Great fight. Ristie by KO. should not be on the superfight series though

The have had writers like yourself write that they were signing a deal like 6 months ago and have continually said they same thing since then. You do not ever tell anyone in public about these deals unless all their is left to do is dot the I's and cross the t's but I guess glory is to stupid to realize things like that. It really makes everything else they say seem like a lie when there are many things they claim never come to be

How is glory ever going to build stars when between the long breaks and then not even showing the guys people want to watch on the main card?

Their is no doubt that kunlun lost a pretty penny on that event. But from what i was told wlf and kunlun share an investor or two. This was months ago thou and it was said wlf would be more a chinese promotion with kunlun being more the international side of things but who knows if that is still the case.

Also if what you say about the sponsors is true then kunlun at least went into the event knowing they were going to take a major loss. It is not the same as glory banking on ppv money to save them.

Think of kunlun as glory at the start tons of money right now but really no plan. They will be fine putting on events of that size for about a year maybe 1 and a half before scaleing way back or calling it a day

Superfight series??!! Goddamn Glory for real??!! How the fuck are you gonna put Ristie on the SFS?? Seriously...

Well then I hope he gets ktfo on friday in legacy and Glory realizes that hes a shmo!

that is what i was going to say. with the bad luck glory has been having these last couple of months it is almost guaranteed to happen at this point. He also has broken his hands multiple times so even if he wins he could still fuck them

The have had writers like yourself write that they were signing a deal like 6 months ago and have continually said they same thing since then. You do not ever tell anyone in public about these deals unless all their is left to do is dot the I's and cross the t's but I guess glory is to stupid to realize things like that. It really makes everything else they say seem like a lie when there are many things they claim never come to be

How is glory ever going to build stars when between the long breaks and then not even showing the guys people want to watch on the main card?

Their is no doubt that kunlun lost a pretty penny on that event. But from what i was told wlf and kunlun share an investor or two. This was months ago thou and it was said wlf would be more a chinese promotion with kunlun being more the international side of things but who knows if that is still the case.

Also if what you say about the sponsors is true then kunlun at least went into the event knowing they were going to take a major loss. It is not the same as glory banking on ppv money to save them.

Think of kunlun as glory at the start tons of money right now but really no plan. They will be fine putting on events of that size for about a year maybe 1 and a half before scaleing way back or calling it a day

i dont entirely disagree with any of that, i remember when i used to report on moves the UFC were making in the UK i used to get their london office phoning me up going mental because of course when nothing is finalized or official, it can still end up not happening and then they look silly

its really too early to tell what kunlun is, glory or legend, but if the guy behind legend shit himself after three shows and scaled the spend way back, i dont see kunlun doing it for a full year

although the guy at Legend really did go in hard, to be fair.

Good fight for Ristie. I"m glad I see him against a pretty solid opponent.

Superfight series??!! Goddamn Glory for real??!! How the fuck are you gonna put Ristie on the SFS?? Seriously...

Kinda lame, this is because they have even 3 North Americans on the limited 5 bout Spike card. They should have but not so many.

Kimbo Slice is looking to fight. I know he might also fight in MMA in my country.

Last edited:
Back