RIP Thiago Alves Career

He may be. Despite a great performance vs Cote in his last fight, Alves has obviously been on the decline for years. Perry is young, seems to be improving, has ridiculous power and still quite a bit of hype behind him. I wouldn't be surprised if Mike was close to a 2-1 favorite come fight night. But that won't stop Alves from completely dominating him in what will be a pure stand up fight for three rounds. I get a tingling in my pants for certain fights, that lets me know the winner with pure confidence. This is one of those times. The last time I felt this was Whittaker vs Jacare.
I don't expect Perry to win on points

He will land eventually and I don't think Thiago can take it

change the title to this thread please.

Wow mods are going to leave this thread up?

This is why fighters hate Sherdog.

I think RIP TS account...

for posting these kinds of titles

The first thing I thought too. WTF Thiago Alves died? Not cool TS

P.S. I'll watch this fight enthusiastically without prejudgement.

Updated the sig.

Thiago gonna be wishing he hadn't missed weight at 155. Should have done a trial cut. UFC now sending in Perry to end that career.

Love this fight. Perry KO.

He straight up just ducked him and you know it. He talked a bunch of shit and then refused to fight him when he got called out. Instead of fighting somebody at their best, he'd rather go after guys like Ellenberger and Alves, both years past prime vets. Perry wants nothing to do with Al in the cage. He has no issue talking shit, but he doesn't want to back it up because he knows he'd lose. All talk.

Are you really stating that Al is more dangerous than Alves? Really?

If my boy Pitbull pulls this off I will go batshit crazy.

I'm surprised Alves is headlining a PPV.

I've been a huge fan of Thiago since he made his debut in the UFC like 12 years ago and I remain one to this day. I also love the white trash magic that Perry puts out there. This fight is gonna be a tough one for Platinum. Alves is fast, technical, and tough and I can see him carving Mike up as he comes in wingin' shots. Perry has huge pop and massive potential (he's a natural scrambler on the mat, which is very hard to teach) but I don't see Thiago matching up well with him.

This is a great fight on paper, but I think we all know Thiago's due for a two-year layoff at this point. I predict knee injury within a month and Perry gets to lay out a last minute replacement in style.

Are you really stating that Al is more dangerous than Alves? Really?

Alves was one of my first favourites and I'll always be a fan, but yes, Al currently is more dangerous than Alves today. Alves is years out of his prime now (basically lost his prime due to constant injuries), and Al is at his very best today and is only getting better.

I'm not going to explain to you why Al is more dangerous because you should already know. All I can say is - Thiago Alves is not the same fighter today as he was back when he was killing guys like Matt Hughes with ease.

If this was about prime Thiago, I'd be saying he's a far more dangerous fight for Perry than Al is, but that guy isn't around anymore. Al is currently a far more dangerous opponent and could very well beat Perry if they ever fight. We'll just have to wait and see if Perry stops ducking him and backs up his shit talk.

Perry ducked Iaquinta. You won't believe it/look at it that way, though, because you're clearly a Perry lover (unless you're just following the trend) and people can never accept anything bad about their favourite fighter(s), so I'm really just wasting my time.

Stay in denial.

Alves was one of my first favourites and I'll always be a fan, but yes, Al currently is more dangerous than Alves today. Alves is years out of his prime now (basically lost his prime due to constant injuries), and Al is at his very best today and is only getting better.

I'm not going to explain to you why Al is more dangerous because you should already know. All I can say is - Thiago Alves is not the same fighter today as he was back when he was killing guys like Matt Hughes with ease.

If this was about prime Thiago, I'd be saying he's a far more dangerous fight for Perry than Al is, but that guy isn't around anymore. Al is currently a far more dangerous opponent and could very well beat Perry if they ever fight. We'll just have to wait and see if Perry stops ducking him and backs up his shit talk.

Perry ducked Iaquinta. You won't believe it/look at it that way, though, because you're clearly a Perry lover (unless you're just following the trend) and people can never accept anything bad about their favourite fighter(s), so I'm really just wasting my time.

Stay in denial.
Unless Al is planning a full time move to WW, fighting him does'nt make sense for Perry. Beating Alves puts him 2 top 10 fights and wins away from a title shot.

Back