Rip Ric Ocasek

Man, first Eddie Money then Ric Ocasek, a tough weekend for rock and roll. Two great musicians, and they both seemed like good guys.
I know Ric did comedy bits every so often (I remember a few on both Conan and Colbert), so he had a good sense of humor as well. Well at least Ric is reunited with Ben Orr.

Damn, RIP

Guy had a beautiful wife
paulina-porizkova-pics-03.jpg

Didn't even know he had split with Paulina.

Read that he was found in an (his?) apartment.

Found dead in his Manhatten Townhouse of unknown circumstances. I guess they haven't done the autopsy yet. He was 75.

Never seen the guy before and after some posters talked about how ugly he was I googled him. If you didn't tell me he was the lead singer of the Cars before, I would have thought that was the spitting image of Tim Burton.

Last edited:
Sigh, journey well Ric.

Here's a video of theirs that Andy Warhol directed. I always thought it was their most underrated song.

You can see Gina Gershon before she got famous.

RIP Ric. Dude gave the world a lot of great music through the Cars and his producing (mutha fukin Bad Brains). In my world the late 70s version of the Cars with Ben singing lead was their GOAT form.
RIP Ric and Ben

Found dead in his Manhatten Townhouse of unknown circumstances. I guess they haven't done the autopsy yet. He was 75.

Never seen the guy before and after some posters talked about how ugly he was I googled him. If you didn't tell me he was the lead singer of the Cars before, I would have thought that was the spitting image of Tim Burton.
He always looked more like Howard Stern

Back