Rip Ric Ocasek

rj144

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Rip:

https://pitchfork.com/news/the-cars-ric-ocasek-dead-at-75/

"Ric Ocasek, best known as the founder and frontman of the iconic new wave and power pop band the Cars, has died. The New York Police Department confirmed to Pitchfork they responded to a call today that reported an unconscious man in a townhouse. The man, identified as Ocasek, was found in bed and pronounced dead at the scene. He was 75."

Rip.....all my boys going one by one....

He was my guy. We are both uglyish, but cool. I'm not quite that different looking, but he was still an inspiration. He dated supermodels. Good life.

seriously though his music was some of the most distinctive, it sticks out like an obelisk amongst my childhood memories

He married my childhood super crush - Paulina Porizkova. The Cars were a great band.

I think he started dating Paulina after she appeared in his video.

Damn that sucks. I always liked the cars

What an awful week for 80s rockers

RIP and real shame to see both Ric and Ben who are now both gone from the band

Along with everything he did with the Cars as well as solo, he produced albums for several other bands. He produced albums by Suicide, Bad Brains, Bad Religion, Jonathan Richman, Nada Surf, and Weezer, among others. R.I.P.

EEjFUUBXYAAvB26.jpg

R.I.P. to one cool cat!

Dang, he just oozed cool! :(

That's a tough one. It was The Cars that sparked my interest in music. Ric, the breezy and serene nucleus of the group, was a dynamic song writer who created possibly the most uniquely exclusive music during the 70's and 80's. His passing is jarring news. I extend my condolences to his friends and family.

Didn't even know he had split with Paulina.

Read that he was found in an (his?) apartment.

Back