RIP John Madden

john-madden-221006.jpg

I was big into football in my younger days, and obviously probably have thousands of hours playing MADDEN over the years. Mad respect.

Didn't see it elsewhere....

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...e-coach-broadcasting-icon-john-madden-dies-85

John Madden, the Hall of Fame coach turned broadcaster whose exuberant calls combined with simple explanations provided a weekly soundtrack to NFL games for three decades, died Tuesday morning, the NFL said. He was 85.

john-madden-1980.jpg

The league said he died unexpectedly and did not detail a cause.

Madden gained fame in a decadelong stint as the coach of the renegade Oakland Raiders, making it to seven AFC title games and winning the Super Bowl following the 1976 season. He compiled a 103-32-7 regular-season record, and his .759 winning percentage is the best among NFL coaches with more than 100 games.

PLZ DELETE IF THIS IS ELSEWHERE BUT I DON'T DO MUCH NON-COMBAT.
** trying to post sober on a weeknight, open wrong tab*** -- Was either here or https://forums.sherdog.com/forums/sports-bar.74/

As a young kid watching Monday Night Football, I didn’t really understand the intricacies of the game. Then John Madden took his yellow pen to the screen and made me and I’m assuming millions more understand the sport through a coaches eye. RIP Coach Madden, your coaching didn’t end with the Raiders sir, you coached America for generations on the game of Football.

Best coach the Raiders ever had, he was a great announcer in MNF too. Back when foosball was worth watching

RIP to John Madden

I remember him calling all the Cowboys and 49ers games as a kid and trying to see who made the All Madden Team

And of course Madden football particularly Madden 2004 with an unstoppable Michael Vick

What a legend

I was just looking up if he was really still alive a few days ago. He brought entertainment to the booth that is severely lacking in Troy "White bread" Aikman. I still remember the funny shit he said, like this one time he kept talking about the buffed up punter for the Packers. They had a penalty for not enough men on the LOS and Madden was talking about they'd be good if they put a half a McJulien on the line. Fucking hilarious, and it was just a silly comment that everyone forgot about, but I still remember. Still remember the guy's name. Paul McJulien.

This is the kind of shit that people remember him so fondly for. Peace.

download.jpg

images

A big part of my youth watching my favorite sport/weekends were these 2 personas/voices & stories that were good company and made the watching the game better and more fun,

Agreed. When you got John and Al together you knew you had the best game of the week and the best team of the week. I always loved those 2 guys together.

RIP. My early childhood thanks him.

We played his video games.
john-madden-football.jpg

We watched his commercials and advertisements.
1385653226-22542-20.jpg

We read his books.
FHvDr7vWQAEaEUp

We admired his Cruiser.
madden.jpg

May his presence roam the field, forever emanating with the cheers and trumpets of the big game.
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F9372b408-046b-4331-9623-eaed002fcf74_900x596.jpeg

Bonafide legend. When it came to sports marketing Madden was as prolific as any other.

RIP

Last edited:
Let us not forget the Turkey Leg award, the league today is far removed from its glory years.
788DD075-B360-4062-8418-0782C23AE3BB.jpeg

Back