News RIP Carl Weathers

As a dad of a 3 year old, I also loved his character “Combat Carl” in Toy Story.

It’s a mix of him from Predator(outfit and various lines of dialogue) and Happy Gilmore(one missing hand).

“Combat Carl never gives up. Combat Carl finds a way!”

159053-ap24033702326326-942261-p8vnbbod-061564-YvNzwn5C-1568x1042-twit.jpg
He played football for poly high he must have been a great player that is one of the best teams in the u.s.

Reactions: HHJ
When I was growing up they'd show all the rocky movies on cable on the weekends. Can't even tell you how many times I watched Rocky 2 or 4 with a big bowl of cereal on a Saturday morning. Saw four so many times but Apollos death made me sad every single time. Such a well done scene and movie.

Really says something about the mans sheer talent that he had a successful NFL career and that's not even the thing most of us know him for.

RIP. guy was great. there was a peaceful seriousness about his acting i always found admirable.

When I was growing up they'd show all the rocky movies on cable on the weekends. Can't even tell you how many times I watched Rocky 2 or 4 with a big bowl of cereal on a Saturday morning. Saw four so many times but Apollos death made me sad every single time. Such a well done scene and movie.

Really says something about the mans sheer talent that he had a successful NFL career and that's not even the thing most of us know him for.

You know I never owned those movies as a kid, I always watched them on TV growing up cos they were always on. Then I got the DVD collection when I was like...20 something and realized the original movies were much longer and missing amazing scenes. Fuckin really was a kind of revelation.

You know I never owned those movies as a kid, I always watched them on TV growing up cos they were always on. Then I got the DVD collection when I was like...20 something and realized the original movies were much longer and missing amazing scenes. Fuckin really was a kind of revelation.
Now that you mention it that's a really good point. We had 4 on VHS, but I don't believe we owned any of the others. Four was always my favorite growing up lol. Ultimate heroes journey to seek justice for his rival turned friend. We watched EVERYTHING on cable back then but I never stopped to think how chopped up everything was for tv.

Few years back I bought the Friday and Nightmare on elm Street box sets. It was a lot of fun going through some of my favorite movies without everything being all chopped up.

Might need to get myself a digital Rocky set and relive some old memories this weekend.

Now that you mention it that's a really good point. We had 4 on VHS, but I don't believe we owned any of the others. Four was always my favorite growing up lol. Ultimate heroes journey to seek justice for his rival turned friend. We watched EVERYTHING on cable back then but I never stopped to think how chopped up everything was for tv.

Few years back I bought the Friday and Nightmare on elm Street box sets. It was a lot of fun going through some of my favorite movies without everything being all chopped up.

Might need to get myself a digital Rocky set and relive some old memories this weekend.
The first and second (really both are one long movie) with all scenes kept in are as fine a cinematic experience as anything !

The first and second (really both are one long movie) with all scenes kept in are as fine a cinematic experience as anything !
Man that sounds so satisfying right now lol. It's my Friday and I'm 2/3 thru my shift. Think I'll pick up a case of beer and grab these movies when I get off work. Haven't rewatched them in many years and I don't even know if I've ever seen any of them uncut.

I did not know this, I need to check his Wikipedia!

Back