Rip Away lol Need to stop being pushovers! (Atheists)

Have you ever considered the possibility that our limited monkey-brains are incapable of fully understanding concepts like time and space and rather than accepting that reality we imagine a being that operates outside of those boundries? God is time, space, matter, physics, etc. Our clumsy exploits into the scientific realm are not forays against the proof of God but the first few baby steps towards a long journey to understanding. Just because certain epiphanies contradict passages from a book written by primitive men that doesn't mean that religion and science are at odds.

God is real, in a certain manner regardless of what we individuals conceive him to be. I really don't think he's ever written a book. Are you getting where I'm coming from?

I think most Atheists and Agnostics would agree that we don't understand the scope of the universe, and possible never will in our lifetimes. Personally, I feel that there could be some being that we would consider a God. That said, I think the idea that 2000 years ago he sent down himself and killed himself to write a book for an illiterate species to give them guidance is stupid. I also think the idea that this entire universe was built for us is retarded, seeing as how we are limited to only parts of our planet, and an omnipotent god could easily create a universe that we are free to explore and develop.

I actually clicked on this. What stuck out to me was how absurdly angry Rogan got when Milo said that the ideals and ethics of Western Culture are largely influenced by religion. Rogan was dead against any idea that our modern sense of morals and ethics could come from religious sources.

Then I guess Rogan, while turning his lungs inside out with rage, forgot all about how he does mushrooms, DMT, etc. and takes directions of life from induced visions of pulsing lights, sage spirits, and dragons as they talk to and mentor him during these literal trips, from which he bases his strong opinions about life and molds his personal philosophy on, which he enthusiastically discusses at length in several of his other youtube videos and podcasts.

I had no idea why Rogan was even arguing that point with him so much because at the end of the day who cares where we got are morals or ethics from? Maybe that's a very passionate subject for Rogan I don't know. I disagree with your other point though. When Rogan is tripping out on these substances he can actually see things and hear them and they can be just as real as they are in the real world. That's completely different from a religion which has nothing like that and can no provide you with an ounce of proof of it's existence. Also most of the stuff Rogan get's from these things are about himself personally and how he needs to make changes. Once he's sober he can go back and look and see if it's true or not and for him I guess it's mostly true.

At the same time Rogan is all about that kind of stuff and seeing messages and just seems to be a person who is always seeing what he wants to see. For instance whenever I take those substances they don't tell me something special about myself or show me things I need to fix. They are simply trips and I enjoy them. My brother on the other hand says he can never be the same after what he saw on one of his trips it's changed him completely. I don't even know what he saw he wont talk about it at all.

I disagree with your other point though. When Rogan is tripping out on these substances he can actually see things and hear them and they can be just as real as they are in the real world. That's completely different from a religion which has nothing like that and can no provide you with an ounce of proof of it's existence.

Actually, they (religious JudeoChristians) have better 'proof' than him, as good as you can get with these kinds of things. They documented it among several witnesses. They had a living person to refer to and events that were public record. Things that happened in history, rather than just in their minds. The only difference besides that is time. In 2000 years, people could debate whether Rogan actually saw those things or made them up. Also we could call him out on that right now (there were no witnesses in his case).

Christians have also seen and communicated with God (see Joan of Arc) to better results (changing history) than Rogan (none to show for). It's no different in the way he's mocking them, he is actually being a huge whiney hypocrite.

Also most of the stuff Rogan get's from these things are about himself personally and how he needs to make changes. Once he's sober he can go back and look and see if it's true or not and for him I guess it's mostly true.

He's quite bullheaded and pushy from what I've heard from him on his podcasts. He doesn't present them as "maybe" scenarios. He sounds forceful, bordering on angry that you might doubt him when he explains what happened in his revelations and very adamant that they were correct and should be taken seriously (by people he's talking to/yelling the story @).

If you think about it, he is being influenced by spirits, then making fun of other people who listen to other spirits for doing that (besides the fact that they have a historical person to refer to, unlike him). He ridicules them by using selected words such as that they worship a "Jewish Zombie" and then he shamelessly talks about how he was told the meaning of life (is that we are merely as mold, totally worthless) but a nightmarish demon dragon, which he chooses to follow 100% just because it felt trippy when it happened. How is a hallucinated demonic dragon any better or less ridiculous in his mind? It's only because of egocentricity on Rogan's part here. If the Bible asked people to believe in the words of a cool swirling anger dragon, he wouldn't hesitate to viciously mock and ridicule people who did.

He's an unbelievable douchey hypocrite here, which I found surprising because I've seen him use logic very well in the past. It's just his problem until he fixes it, if he ever does.

Last edited:
Actually, they (religious JudeoChristians) have better 'proof' than him, as good as you can get with these kinds of things. They documented it among several witnesses. They had a living person to refer to and events that were public record. Things that happened in history, rather than just in their minds. The only difference besides that is time. In 2000 years, people could debate whether Rogan actually saw those things or made them up. Also we could call him out on that right now (there were no witnesses in his case).

Christians have also seen and communicated with God (see Joan of Arc) to better results (changing history) than Rogan (none to show for). It's no different in the way he's mocking them, he is actually being a huge whiney hypocrite.

He's quite bullheaded and pushy from what I've heard from him on his podcasts. He doesn't present them as "maybe" scenarios. He sounds forceful, bordering on angry that you might doubt him when he explains what happened in his revelations and very adamant that they were correct and should be taken seriously (by people he's talking to/yelling the story @).

If you think about it, he is being influenced by spirits, then making fun of other people who listen to other spirits for doing that (besides the fact that they have a historical person to refer to, unlike him). He ridicules them by using selected words such as that they worship a "Jewish Zombie" and then he shamelessly talks about how he was told the meaning of life (is that we are merely as mold, totally worthless) but a nightmarish demon dragon, which he chooses to follow 100% just because it felt trippy when it happened. How is a hallucinated demonic dragon any better or less ridiculous in his mind? It's only because of egocentricity on Rogan's part here. If the Bible asked people to believe in the words of a cool swirling anger dragon, he wouldn't hesitate to viciously mock and ridicule people who did.

He's an unbelievable douchey hypocrite here, which I found surprising because I've seen him use logic very well in the past. It's just his problem until he fixes it, if he ever does.

When you put it like that yea he does look bad here. I wouldn't say religion has more proof (in rogans POV) because Rogan has seen these things with his own eyes so to him that's much more proof then anything religion has shown him. Whether it's more proof to us is a different story because we can't see what he see's so in that way it is the same as religion. Your right about the logic though that's one thing I like about his podcast is he uses a lot of logic and that's very similar to the way I think. When you've done so many hours of public talking though your bound to show your flaws which we all have.

There is one thing he's done that really irks me. He says he think Aliens are really us from the future because we are getting smaller and weaker as time goes on. In another podcast though I heard him talking about how we are much bigger then we used to be because of proper nutrients and other variables. In one podcast he finally caught himself going back and forth on this and I forgot what he ended up saying about it.

When you put it like that yea he does look bad here. I wouldn't say religion has more proof (in rogans POV) because Rogan has seen these things with his own eyes so to him that's much more proof then anything religion has shown him. Whether it's more proof to us is a different story because we can't see what he see's so in that way it is the same as religion. Your right about the logic though that's one thing I like about his podcast is he uses a lot of logic and that's very similar to the way I think. When you've done so many hours of public talking though your bound to show your flaws which we all have.

Yes, I expect flaws from any/everyone. What makes this different to me is the obstinate hatred he has, the unrelenting brash rudeness he displays. That in itself is among the ugliest and most ignorant of flaws. We all know that he himself knows better. He would expect better from others.

There is one thing he's done that really irks me. He says he think Aliens are really us from the future because we are getting smaller and weaker as time goes on. In another podcast though I heard him talking about how we are much bigger then we used to be because of proper nutrients and other variables. In one podcast he finally caught himself going back and forth on this and I forgot what he ended up saying about it.

Yeah, when he catches himself, I like him more. What I wish he would do is realize that he catches himself often enough that he should realize that being concrete and stiff and antagonistic does not facilitate the learning process (the self-catching improvement) on either side. It merely stifles it for the illusion that one already knows full and best (what they obviously don't or else they wouldn't be acting like that). People act like that when they're scared something they don't yet believe might be true but they don't want it to be. It's ugly, childish, and counter-productive.

I still listen to his podcasts and like a lot of what he says. This one vid posted ITT really caught me off guard and was so repulsive for that reason.

Yes, I expect flaws from any/everyone. What makes this different to me is the obstinate hatred he has, the unrelenting brash rudeness he displays. That in itself is among the ugliest and most ignorant of flaws. We all know that he himself knows better. He would expect better from others.

Yeah, when he catches himself, I like him more. What I wish he would do is realize that he catches himself often enough that he should realize that being concrete and stiff and antagonistic does not facilitate the learning process (the self-catching improvement) on either side. It merely stifles it for the illusion that one already knows full and best (what they obviously don't or else they wouldn't be acting like that). People act like that when they're scared something they don't yet believe might be true but they don't want it to be. It's ugly, childish, and counter-productive.

I still listen to his podcasts and like a lot of what he says. This one vid posted ITT really caught me off guard and was so repulsive for that reason.

Yea Joe seems like a very emotional person who can get worked up very easily. I saw one video of some issue he had with somewomen and she was putting her hand on his shoulder in a very non aggressive way and he freaked out and slapped her hand away and was like "Don't touch me". I was really surprised by the way he was acting. To be fair though I didn't see what lead to that but the women was being so calm and talking in a very calm way I don't see how he could have got so worked up.

I think most Atheists and Agnostics would agree that we don't understand the scope of the universe, and possible never will in our lifetimes. Personally, I feel that there could be some being that we would consider a God. That said, I think the idea that 2000 years ago he sent down himself and killed himself to write a book for an illiterate species to give them guidance is stupid. I also think the idea that this entire universe was built for us is retarded, seeing as how we are limited to only parts of our planet, and an omnipotent god could easily create a universe that we are free to explore and develop.
Well put and I agree. There's some awkward wording in my last paragraph that I would probably re-write but what I was getting at is that it's possible to have a concept of God or at least consider the possibility that God exist by some definition while still being of the opinion that organized religion and the books they adhere to are predominately nonsense.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back