• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News RIP Anthony “Rumble” Johnson (Confirmed / Updated)

Man this is fucked.. Only 38.

This goes to show, that your time can come any day. Whether you are old, young or a professional athlete like Rumble who's trained all of his life. When death comes knocking your whole world can change. You can be gone just like that.

R.I.P.

Anyone (respectfully) ponder if it was the weight cuts that led to, or fueled the illness? I read that it was a form of cancer, but why am I thinking that the drastic weight cutting still led to it. Basically does an intelligent poster the info to set aside my presumption?

Anyone (respectfully) ponder if it was the weight cuts that led to, or fueled the illness? I read that it was a form of cancer, but why am I thinking that the drastic weight cutting still led to it. Basically does an intelligent poster the info to set aside my presumption?

Anthony "Rumble" Johnson, who went 13-6 in the UFC from 2007 through 2017 and compiled a 23-6 overall MMA record, died Sunday at age 38. The cause of death was organ failure due to non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma and hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis.

The second condition, HLH is a rare disorder. It has a low survival rate and can kill people in a matter of months as it causes organ failure quickly when white blood cells build up in the organs and damage them. That sounds like a horrible way to pass.

yeah it happened yesterday there was a massive thread on it. sad shit.

The UFC just posted a memorial to Anthony Johnson of facebook, but i'm not seeing any news elsewhere.

Did Rumble really pass today?

Way too young man, rest in peace, Anthony.
were you living under a rock man ?

Was the weight cutting a big factor? I read that he was having kidney problems.

Just ... DAMMIT ... Man, this SUCKS! Rumble was such a damn beast. Non-Hodgkins is a f*%ked way to go. Rest In Peace, Rumble, we are all the poorer for your passing.

I felt he was being a bit of an attention seeker with his cryptic messages about his health that he'd never go further on. That was wrong of me. Sad news
Solid of you owning up to your private thoughts, no one could have known - he wanted to fight that fight privately, it seems.

I don't know how to embed or link to a video but the best one to watch right now IMHO is Anthony Rumble Johnson || Monster on YouTube

As a person who has lymphoma and immune system issues
I feel the weight cutting/body stress and any kind of unhealthy eating/binging can be a factor with getting these immune system cancers. ThaTs just my thoughts, but it’s not here nor there, you can’t blame shit on it.
I always had health issues and weak immune from a baby and also never ate properly..and I developed a blood cancer.
But even the healthiest people can get cancer.

In the great words of Max H
“it is what it is”

FUCKCANCER
JustBang
uFCBless

Goddamn I hope I don’t get that HLH shit

Wow that was a day before he passed? I imagined he'd be skinnier and in a hospital bed or something with tubes connected.

Shocking, just goes to show life is so fragile and can be taken from us at any time...

I don't know much about how HLH disease works other than it shuts down your organs in the end...but if I would of seen this vid days before (knowing he was in bad shape cause of Ali's twitter) i would've been left with the impression that he was getting healthier.

May his soul rest in peace...great fighter and more importantly great human being.

I'm due for heart surgery soon, if I don't come out of it alive then I'll be saying what up 2 you in heaven bro

so sad. my favorite fighter of all time. im still in shock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back