• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News RIP Anthony “Rumble” Johnson (Confirmed / Updated)

RIP rumble <{dayum}>

<2>

When I saw that picture of how much weight he had lost I was worried it was cancer.

I figured it was cancer
Sad day for fans
Condolences to his friends and family

Holy shit, wtf, I just found out now. That's crazy, I didn't know he was that sick. RIP brother.

RIP. Shocking news. Seemed to imply it was somehow self-inflicited with the comment about slapping his younger self? My initial thought was vaccine-related illness. Someone suggested AIDS, but with medication you wouldn't expect him to succumb so quickly to HIV.
I don't see any implication of self inflicted with that. I do imagine as someone grapples with their mortality they have a lot of time to reflect on decisions they did or didn't make, and things they wish they'd done differently. That's at least how I translate that.

i’m so deeply sorry. what an amazing person Anthony was. i would always root for him. what a beast of a fighter too. whew. thank you for sharing and my deepest condolences to you for this terrible loss and to Rumble’s family.

I cannot stress this enough. He never lost track of who he was. His grandparents, who adopted him young, raised him to be that way. His pop was his greatest inspiration and hero. He missed him every day. I know the peace many of us have is that the two of them are together again, and his pop was the first to meet Anthony when he got to the afterlife.

Very touching indeed. He looks happy and made the kids day.

He would do stuff like this frequently for children. He was an awesome human being. We were at an event on my daughter’s tenth birthday. He asked me if he could take her to an arcade. I said of course and started taking out my wallet. He asked me what I was doing. I said giving him money. He told me put it away, he’s giving his niece a birthday day out.

You want to know who Anthony was?

Anthony ran a pitbull rescue for a bit. Made sure they got proper homes. He also had ones for pit pups.

He’d have up and coming/ammy fighters who came to train at the Blackzilians stay at his place and the branch out when BZ folded. Never charged a dime. Got offended when people asked to. Paid for more than a few fighters to have medicals.

Donated to Toys for Tots yearly. Not a few things either. When they wanted to do media coverage, he told them that if they did, he’d deny it all and to please not. He wasn’t doing it for that.

When Glenn Robinson died, it was Rumble who went to Glenn’s kids and said anything you need.

When I almost died in 2016, he flew to Arizona. I was in the hospital for 13 days through Christmas and New Year. He stayed for the entire fucking time. Made sure my son and daughter were ok, and I was. He and his girl cooked Christmas dinner for my wife and kids brought some over for me and sat in the waiting room through two surgeries. Gave my kids some gifts they cherish forever. I got a pair of gloves from one of his fights as a gift. They hold more meaning tonight.

His second fight for Titan, he got paid good money. Comparable to what he was making in the UFC. My son was due a week later. He told them send his entire fight and win purse to us for my son to get shit we need. I told him he was nuts and to keep it.

THAT’S the Anthony I want you all to remember. Not the last year of his life and “how.” Or why he didn’t reveal and update. He didn’t want to upset everyone.
That's too much. Now I have to go back to work after lunch watery eyed. Thanks for that story, for real.

RIP to one of the most entertaining fighters of all time, and a very talented one

If I had to choose one guy to bite down on the mouthpiece and bang with in the pocket, Rumble Johnson would be the LAST guy I'd choose.

Just realized all his losses were due to Rear naked choke. Crazy

You want to know who Anthony was?

Anthony ran a pitbull rescue for a bit. Made sure they got proper homes. He also had ones for pit pups.

He’d have up and coming/ammy fighters who came to train at the Blackzilians stay at his place and the branch out when BZ folded. Never charged a dime. Got offended when people asked to. Paid for more than a few fighters to have medicals.

Donated to Toys for Tots yearly. Not a few things either. When they wanted to do media coverage, he told them that if they did, he’d deny it all and to please not. He wasn’t doing it for that.

When Glenn Robinson died, it was Rumble who went to Glenn’s kids and said anything you need.

When I almost died in 2016, he flew to Arizona. I was in the hospital for 13 days through Christmas and New Year. He stayed for the entire fucking time. Made sure my son and daughter were ok, and I was. He and his girl cooked Christmas dinner for my wife and kids brought some over for me and sat in the waiting room through two surgeries. Gave my kids some gifts they cherish forever. I got a pair of gloves from one of his fights as a gift. They hold more meaning tonight.

His second fight for Titan, he got paid good money. Comparable to what he was making in the UFC. My son was due a week later. He told them send his entire fight and win purse to us for my son to get shit we need. I told him he was nuts and to keep it.

THAT’S the Anthony I want you all to remember. Not the last year of his life and “how.” Or why he didn’t reveal and update. He didn’t want to upset everyone.

It's great to hear how much of a top bloke Anthony was. He brought so much joy to many peoples lives with his entertaining style. My condolences to yourself and your family.

RIP Anthony Johnson! So very sad news today :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back