Rio: two dead near Olympic Venues

https://www.rt.com/news/354892-rio-olympics-police-shot-dead/

2 people shot dead near Rio Olympic venues

This is how regular citizens get taken in the third or second world. The rich have made their money from the infrastructure contracts with endless supply of tax payer money and everyone else is paying for it. No third world or second world nation should bid for these games as you dont get positive coverage and the first world media is hooked on portraying the country in negative light. First world athletes cant take the malfunctioning shower curtains thus have to report it to the world via social media and than your problems are exposed to the world through a magnifying glass. What did Rio really get out it?

huh? wtf did your paragraph have to do with the 1st sentence? 1st world caused the death of 2 people because of elitism?

I would like to see the 3rd world serfs revolt though during the Olympics.

biodiversity.jpg
For some reason i want to see that statue in person from below at night...i guess when i retire if i am lucky.
photo_explorer
photo_explorer

Last edited:
meh this is the story of every olympic.....the poor/working pays for the olympics. Brazil just like South Africa with the world cup was not in a position to take this on

so whats the deal with the beach water? You always hear about how nice the beaches are, but if they are dumping sewage and trash and whatever else in the ocean year after year, im thinking the ocean has to be pretty fucking disgusting.

Robbed, shot, murdered, Zika. Sounds like a grand ol' time!

Liveleak is full of weird shit from florida, muslim insurgent ish, and them murders in brazil

An astonishing high # of brazilian murders at that

Says alot

Robbed, shot, murdered, Zika. Sounds like a grand ol' time!

Honestly I'd be about 1000 times more concerned about zika than getting shot. If you get shot, you get shot. Your two most likely options are dying or recovering completely; small chance you end up a vegetable. With zika, on the other hand, you can pass it on to your special lady via sexytime and then you can end up having a kid with horrible birth defects. Way, way worse.

As for the violence I think it is blown up a bit. While it sure is a more dangerous city than Basel, you can live there without a problem if you know what you are doing.

There's a huge difference between "just gotta know what your doing" and "you might want to hire personal security".

"just gotta know where to go and not to go", know what you are doing" bla bla bla bla bla... That shit can be said about any city`

Honestly I'd be about 1000 times more concerned about zika than getting shot. If you get shot, you get shot. Your two most likely options are dying or recovering completely; small chance you end up a vegetable. With zika, on the other hand, you can pass it on to your special lady via sexytime and then you can end up having a kid with horrible birth defects. Way, way worse.

Zika doesnt stays on your body forever and unless you are a pregnant woman is less dangerous than a mild flu.

Im pretty scared because i live at the geographic edge of the mosquito so its quite likely it will become endemic in a few years from now and we are looking into having kids soon.

That being said, its not like i live in the jungle, but i have got dengue before.

Back