Law Rio Police To Get "License-To-Kill"

Death squads without judicial oversight in Latin America? This is such a refreshing and original idea. I wonder why nobody tried that before.
Yeah, but the governor can't do that. He can say whatever he wants, he cannot remove judicial oversight. If he steps out of bonds he will get arrested just like the last one.

I wonder if this will work better than when they had the clean the slums initiative aka “pascification”...if I recall correctly it essentially gave the “trafficantes” a heads up that they would be cleaning it up and if they wanted to live, they needed to leave.

It won’t take long before the bad guys to bring in their own sharpshooter.

Rifles caliber firearms of any kind are illegal in Brazil IIRC so if you see someone holding a rifle in a slum there's a negligible chance its someone other than a cartel affiliated thug. The US equivalent would be shooting anyone holding a machine gun in a violent inner city neighborhood. Still not ideal but they're not out to shoot people who legally own their firearms.

Its so clear that this kind of policy can and most likely will be abused by the notoriously corrupt and savage police of Brazil. But at the same time the violence over there is really out of control so I hope that somehow this policy doesn't go off the rails and actually works.

I support Brazilian leftists generally but they seem way too naive and soft on the issue of crime. People need stronger property and self defense rights to put some fear in the hearts of criminal scum. Unfortunately the economic policies of the right wingers are likely to exacerbate Brazil's wealth inequality, a huge driver of its crime, so while I support relaxing gun laws over there I think in general Bolsonaro will make the problem worse.

They need a Duterte not Balsonarow Duterte has leftist social ideals but really tough on Crime.

He is pro death penilety anti drug cartel.
Anti abortion but pro contraceptives.
And willing to prosecute violent offenders bellow 18 years old.

How about children? The favelas over there are absolutely flooded with assault rifles.

vdeSQeX.jpg

252396_342782525850389_1329762568_n.jpg

Jesus Fatima Batman.

If those pictures are true Brasilian street gangs can give Isil a run for their menegs

In this thread: right wing basement dwellers fantasize about running Tom Clancy Rainbow 6 ops thru favelas shooting people of a different skin color while claiming emotional disgust over random photos of brazilian children holding guns.

Different culture. Hard to judge.
Dude in Finland telling Americans that it's hard to get a moral read on if it's cool for police to kill citizens in Brazil because culture.
Ahh the hard-right gaslighting is beautiful ain't it?

Apparently, the recruiting website for the Civil Police of Rio de Janeiro State has crashed after thousands of foreigners have requested to be allowed to join up. Some even offered to supply their own weapons, and wanted to know what the Portuguese word for, "Purge" is...;)

In this thread: right wing basement dwellers fantasize about running Tom Clancy Rainbow 6 ops thru favelas shooting people of a different skin color while claiming emotional disgust over random photos of brazilian children holding guns.
Apparently, the recruiting website for the Civil Police of Rio de Janeiro State has crashed after thousands of foreigners have requested to be allowed to join up. Some even offered to supply their own weapons, and wanted to know what the Portuguese word for, "Purge" is...;)

Welp...

brb time to beat off to slowmo Elite Squad clips.

Welp...

brb time to beat off to slowmo Elite Squad clips.

This will be the next step in Brazilian tourism: Favela Safaris! Flights, hotel, weapons, ammo and fully trained guides all included in the price! Money back if you don't get at least one confirmed kill!:D

This will be the next step in Brazilian tourism: Favela Safaris! Flights, hotel, weapons, ammo and fully trained guides all included in the price! Money back if you don't get at least one confirmed kill!:D
I was already thinking about how this came to be for those supposed russian pirate-hunting trips off the coast of east Africa.

I was already thinking about how this came to be for those supposed russian pirate-hunting trips off the coast of east Africa.

I believe there was a spoof website for, "Somali Pirate Fishing Tours". Guests sailed on a specially adapted cruise ship that sailed near the Somali coast until attacked by pirates. At which point the guest opened fire with the rifles and machine guns on board. Ex-military were available as security and to train guests, as well as to help spot targets for them. Free food, booze and hookers were provided.

Like I said, it was a spoof. But knowing the Russian Mob, they'd probably be willing to set up something like that for real if the money was right...

They're already started doing this. Here's one of the apparent videos:

The drug dealers start blindly spraying bullets after their buddy got hit. smh. Seems like a desperate situation over there.

How do you get that absurd impression while reading this thread?

Put your money where your mouth is and say if you are being serious or not.

Technology, infrastructure, access to education, jobs with working pay, social initiatives, removing corruption, anti-gang initiatives, access to healthcare - All these things are PROVEN to lower crime and violence. I've never seen murdering people on sight having that same effect.
That only works to stop kids to become criminals but no drug dealer with 5 homicides on his back will leave his position because he now got healthcare or a new school. You can't even enter these areas to promote these social policies anyway.

@Seaside
Your boy, right?

This all seems perfectly reasonable, certainly could never get out of hand.

Yeah but he means actual scumbag killers and woman beating drug dealers and prostitutes runners. He isnt Duterte level and wont be. A lot gets taken out of context by liberal western sources. Like when Trump said Ms13 are animals or called criminal scum trash. The media reports it as him calling mexicans that or what not.

Rio’s Special Police Unit aim their rifles during a security operation in October.
“The protocol will be to immediately neutralize, slaughter anyone who has a rifle,” Witzel, a federal judge and former Brazilian marine, told reporters in Brasilia on Dec. 12.

b2.jpg

I used to watch gore videos and I’ll never forget this one video where it was called “street justice”

This 130 pound kid killed someone for their iPhone .they basically dragged the kid in the middle of the street and kicked him to death.
They were all wearing flip flops and soccer kicking his head in. Brutal savage stuff over there.

Even during Mexican cartel beheadings and isis videos Brazil was still at the top In murders in the middle of the street, restaurants , jungles you name it..

Also nobody even mentioned The movie “city of god” in here which basically documented favela slums and little kids killing adults.

After reading (most!) of the story I am kind of at a loss.

On the one hand I am against these kind of nonjudicial executions,

On the other hand, the situation is literally dominated and terrorized by the gangs who control the turf internally,

In the barrios it sounds like a state of warfare, so I am tentatively "OK' with this," if the regulations for making a shoot are decent. To free the people from under the gangsters terror is no small thing but there better be tight controls or the situation will spiral.

Back