1. Season 7 of the International Shoop League is now active! Section A » Section B »

Ringworm

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by Envious, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Envious

Envious Purple Belt

Anyone ever had ringworm? It kinda sucks cuz I can't train until its gone.

2. flyingknee16

flyingknee16 Brown Belt

Yes, there have been tons of threads about this.

It sucks, just put cream on it and wait it out.

You CAN technically train if you have ringworm; my sports doctor said you have to cover it up, though.

3. Sherdog_Mutt

Sherdog_Mutt Purple Belt

Do not listen to this guy. If you train with ringworm then you are an ass. Ringworm and other fungal infections are so common because idiots keep training despite the fact that they're infected. Covering it up isn't 100% effective as well because the ringworm spores are so tiny they still can get through. Keep off the mat until you've recovered.

4. Envious

Envious Purple Belt

Thats why I have ringworm, because someone didn't stay off the mats when they had it. I think its disrespectful to train with a communicable infection.

5. Gsoares2***

Gsoares2*** Banned Banned

and i thought i was a dick from sticking people with HIV needles at clubs........

ring worms sucks!

6. Rory McDonell

Rory McDonell Green Belt Professional Fighter

put some bleach on it, let it dry, then rinse the area off. That should kill the spores pretty effectively.

7. TapouTime

TapouTime Guest

Unfortunatley ive spent money and time on ringworm because of idiots who roll with it, but i have found that the one best thing is LAMISAL AT, just keep applying it should be gone in a week, i also used a scrub brush before applying it to open it up then put on the lamisal

8. EclipseAgent

EclipseAgent Guest

I've had worm about 3 times. Be respectful and do not get on any mats with it. If you MUST cover it up completly. (during HS we had to wear sweaths over our wrapping if we had ringworm.

9. johil d'o

johil d'o Thought Warrior

Use Lamisil liberally, like 4 or 5 times every day for a week or so. That should do the trick unless you have some really virulent strain.

10. satchmo

satchmo The Champ

I've had ringworm a handful of times from wrestling, and if you want to get rid of it in a hurry use bleach. It's not the healthiest way, since it burns and eats up the skin, but it gets the job done.

11. Throatyogurt

Throatyogurt Guest

You Can Hold A Lighter Under A Spoon And Burn It Off

12. jpark4

jpark4 Yellow Belt

ahaha the bleach stuff and what not, i wouldn't reccomend. Apply some ointment and just wait.
    -JOn

13. Rip Van Winkle

Rip Van Winkle Last Login 2009

we had a guy roll last Friday and turned out he had a spot.....his partner at the time went ape shit...he was politely asked to leave and told not to come back for training till it's gone.

luckily I haven't had it yet.

14. S.D.Force

S.D.Force Blue Belt

Would you mind being a little more specific. How did you apply the bleach? Did you use a q tip? Did you put it on multiple times a day? How long did you rub the bleach into the skin during each time? Did you let the bleach dry on your skin, and then leave it there, or did you wash it off right away?

15. Rory McDonell

Rory McDonell Green Belt Professional Fighter

dab a q-tip in the bleach, then rub it on and around the ringworm. Let the bleach dry on your skin, then take a wet cloth and wipe it off. Don't apply the bleach more than twice, and don't leave the bleach on your skin. Both can result in a chemical burn.

Also, don't overuse the Lamisil. While it is a fungicide, its also a wet cream which fungus thrives in. D

16. Stephan Kesting

Stephan Kesting Green Belt