Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by Envious, Aug 22, 2005.
Anyone ever had ringworm? It kinda sucks cuz I can't train until its gone.
Yes, there have been tons of threads about this.
It sucks, just put cream on it and wait it out.
You CAN technically train if you have ringworm; my sports doctor said you have to cover it up, though.
Do not listen to this guy. If you train with ringworm then you are an ass. Ringworm and other fungal infections are so common because idiots keep training despite the fact that they're infected. Covering it up isn't 100% effective as well because the ringworm spores are so tiny they still can get through. Keep off the mat until you've recovered.
Thats why I have ringworm, because someone didn't stay off the mats when they had it. I think its disrespectful to train with a communicable infection.
and i thought i was a dick from sticking people with HIV needles at clubs........
ring worms sucks!
put some bleach on it, let it dry, then rinse the area off. That should kill the spores pretty effectively.
Unfortunatley ive spent money and time on ringworm because of idiots who roll with it, but i have found that the one best thing is LAMISAL AT, just keep applying it should be gone in a week, i also used a scrub brush before applying it to open it up then put on the lamisal
I've had worm about 3 times. Be respectful and do not get on any mats with it. If you MUST cover it up completly. (during HS we had to wear sweaths over our wrapping if we had ringworm.
Use Lamisil liberally, like 4 or 5 times every day for a week or so. That should do the trick unless you have some really virulent strain.
I've had ringworm a handful of times from wrestling, and if you want to get rid of it in a hurry use bleach. It's not the healthiest way, since it burns and eats up the skin, but it gets the job done.
You Can Hold A Lighter Under A Spoon And Burn It Off
ahaha the bleach stuff and what not, i wouldn't reccomend. Apply some ointment and just wait.
we had a guy roll last Friday and turned out he had a spot.....his partner at the time went ape shit...he was politely asked to leave and told not to come back for training till it's gone.
luckily I haven't had it yet.
Would you mind being a little more specific. How did you apply the bleach? Did you use a q tip? Did you put it on multiple times a day? How long did you rub the bleach into the skin during each time? Did you let the bleach dry on your skin, and then leave it there, or did you wash it off right away?
dab a q-tip in the bleach, then rub it on and around the ringworm. Let the bleach dry on your skin, then take a wet cloth and wipe it off. Don't apply the bleach more than twice, and don't leave the bleach on your skin. Both can result in a chemical burn.
Also, don't overuse the Lamisil. While it is a fungicide, its also a wet cream which fungus thrives in. D
Separate names with a comma.