Ringstar Sports to sign Mikey Garcia

Mikey is bland both in and out of the ring. Really good fighter obviously, but what qualities does he have that suggest he can be a star? He's not an action fighter, and his fights often drag on without much happening until he gets them out of there. A high KO rate, but nothing particularly amazes when watching Garcia. I'd be shocked if he became a name outside of the boxing world.

Mikey will do fine. There aren't any more Oscars but before Mikey went on his hiatus, he was in the top 10 p4p talks. Wasting 2 years of his prime was bad, him and Robert both agree it was.

He can speak both Mexican and English which helps both his bases. He just needs to stay busy and get a signature win.

Ring star sports for life !!!!

When are the gyms coming out and clothing line?

It's probably better than going the DiBella/Goosen route, I suppose. It's just so generic. Then again, so is Microsoft.

Mikey has a style I liked when I was lucky enough to catch him live. I liked in those fights that he led guys into shots (some of them instantly fight ending) so well it almost looked like Mikey's opponents were trying to meet his fist halfway down the pipe with their faces, it was set up so textbook and executed so fast, I have been a fan since the first fight I managed to find out about him. When I first saw him on FNF, I remember not being engaged in the event but then being drawn INTO the fight because of the skill I was seeing. Great KO, but on a late replacement IIRC. I wasn't discouraged. I remember thinking he'd have done the same work to the other guy originally scheduled, and a lot of other opponents in the division, too. Not sure if he can be "made" a star, but for most boxing fans he's mighty watchable!

What the hell they already have a shoe line ?

ringstar-fightpro-shoes-black-3.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

I think of an action fighter as someone that will throw caution to the wind and rush their opponent like Rios. I see GGG more like Wlad.

GGG puts guys down early with power shots cause hits hard but I dont think that is him trying to get the early KO like young tyson, more of him just having crazy power and putting them down with 1 hard shot but i thought carried Lemi, Gabe, Wade and another I cant remember(Stevenson maybe) and yes he got them out before 8th but he never really stepped up the pressure on them, instead fought at the same pace and broke them down.

and Back and fourth isnt needed to be consider a action fighter. That was a bad comparesion on my part cause Hagler/Hearns was in The War and I dont see either of them as action fighters. Although Hearns is bored line cause he would throw caution into the wind in some fight but not Hagler.

Based on how you define it, I can see how you don't think GGG is an action fighter. I'd agree with you that he's not really a reckless guy. He is a bit older, and had a long amateur career, two factors that don't typically breed that type of action fighter. But I think the biggest factor is just that he has not fought anybody in a while who really wants to take it to him. If you watch his fight with Ouma, that was more of an action fight because Ouma was not afraid of him.

He is aggressive though, and he always goes for the knockout. Those are things that fans love to see, so I think casuals overlook his lack of recklessness because they always get the end result that they seek, a knockout.

His personality is actually working well for him. He is kinda a mouthier version of a young Pacquiao. His english sucks, he says funny things by accident, and he seems friendly. But he also talks a bit of shit, more than Pacquiao ever did. Like recently calling Canelo and Eubank clowns,

I'm actually surprised that Mikey did not sign with Floyd. Floyd was courting Mikey for months, hanging out with him and Robert all over the place. Floyd really wanted to sign Mikey.

hoodrat heel
Yes, I run the mean streets of Belfast, Maine.

Considering he had a stye that most fans claim they didn't enjoy, for some reason, he holds PPV records that will likely never be broken. Fans tuned in to see Floyd for some reason.

Signing with Schaeffer is probably a bad idea. Pretty much no chance of fighting any Golden Boy, Top Rank or HBO affiliated fighters.

He will do well, at least with selling tickets. The fan response in New York, given that he lives in Califonia, was pretty amazing. He just needs to sharpen up some more.

I'm actually surprised that Mikey did not sign with Floyd. Floyd was courting Mikey for months, hanging out with him and Robert all over the place. Floyd really wanted to sign Mikey.

I'd probably go with Richard too. He's a known commodity. Floyd hasn't really successfully promoted anyone except himself - kinda.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back