Ring to Cage C-17 Review

Whoa shihtzu! You know I like you bro, anyhow you bring up good points but at the same time it feels like you are attacking me:

But I will answer your questions. I thought ringside leather outperformed my Fairtex BGV1 leather which imo was completely overhyped.

I felt Ringsides leather was better than most of the gloves I currently own or have used. that is a fair thing to say, yes?

But I see your point maybe you are correct in I was a little too generous on the leather aspect, I will re-adjust that, I still feel the gloves warrant an A+

And shihtzu of course I used winning, I hope you've known me long enough were I don't pass judgement on gear without ever using it or in many cases owning it.

Nah bro I think you have brought up good points but at the same time you act if mohsin just left the customers hang out to dry which he has not.

Again I never once said these were winning like I did say if they were 80% or something along those lines, and I have referred to them as Japanese style. But that is what they are actually called.

As for Mohsin, he gets these gloves for 25 bucks, so he can send 3 pairs for 130 and still will be in profit.

Strato, how many rounds have you put on your C-17 to judge them? Winning are proved with the top pro used for years. These c-17 might be dead n 6 month, or might not. Neither you, nor dear Clamp know it.

And, with respect, somebody who grades Rinsgide leather as 9/10 must be joking. This is why I do not like this Ringside's or any other brand generosity towards sherdoggers.

Clamp is the guy who previously sold his Winning almost without any real use saying he couldn't justify the price.

Well, some application of logic, knowledge and and extensive use of d3o gloves helps enough. Moreover I have tested d3o headgear recently (a friend of mine imports Rival here, so he let me to test it for some rounds), and still stand behind my words. Anyway I was comparing it to Winning in that thread. Have you used Winning, Strato?

As for Clamp. Calling these c-17 "Winning clones" was a gimmicky rubbish, just like calling 25 bucks neoprene knuckle guards "cheap" is a total BS.

R2C is parasitizing on genuine customers thankfully to Winning success yet having nothing really in common with Winning's quality. And you guys are helping R2C in this matter really extensively.

In the end I have never sad c-17 is bad in terms of padding, I just said the manufacturer for sure used the foams widely available in Sialkot. The best available in Sialkot is latex and high quality IMF (quality wise IMF is very different). Obviously these gloves are not latex, since latex feels absolutely different than Winning, but some other foams - like polyurethane, polyethylene In this case they are not going to be much durable. If they are latex (compressed + medium density) then, if thick enough, the padding might be good... but absolutely different from Winning.
Just a reality, guys. There is no mystery. And as for the quality of leather, dying, cut and stitching - everything is obvious from the pictures to an experienced eye.

Use these gloves daily and let me know in 6 months how wrong I was.

At the end of the day, nobody will be blaming me for what I have said on this subject. But Strato and Clamp might expect people who has bought (or will buy for 130) c-17 not being much grateful in several months (if people really use the gloves extensively, nut just once a month).

You make it sound like all mma gear and the raw materials for them come from one source. Bottom line is you don't use these or any other gloves from Ring to Cage so you have no ground to stand on going on and on about Ring to Cage. You're just attacking for the sake of attacking. Mohsin only had a limited number of the missed weight gloves. Not the 100 you claimed previously. He solved them. Now you're talking out of your ass about the materials.

BTW the import fees, custom fees, and taxes you complain about all the time. Ring to Cage has to pay those as well and he is still taking care of everyone who got a bad glove. Who else has done that? Winning won't let you ship anything back that you used once! That's shitty customer service right there! Why not just do yourself and us a favor and buy a pair. Hell I'll start a charity and ship you some gloves so you can try out. Do you want a pair? That way when you open your mouth it's not just nonsense? You actually have a legitimate reason to talk crap? Then you can do a side by side photos of Winnings VS Ring to Cage clones. I'll respect you more then. But if you still want to pretend you're an expert you can post in here http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f1...ns-post-all-here-but-do-search-first-2477577/

I def don't want to get into an argument but I did a side by side and my Japanese Heat Seekers were a closer cut. But Clamp I tried these partly because you and other people have given ring to cage good reviews and partly because your title was specifically 'the best winning clones I've ever seen.' That's just not true man for the ones I got. Did u get a prototype or something that was different?

Last edited:
How were yours different mega? I'd like to hear no need for arguments but I'd seriously like to hear what was wrong

Well the weight thing first obviously. I didn't like the liner at first cause I questioned the durability but I'm actually coming around as the gloves dry really fast and its held up just fine. Great bag glove but I wanted an all around glove that I could go right from bag to mitts to spar if need be. I didn't get that unfortunately.

Yeah the liner is pretty good IMO. So just the weight nothing else? I personally like my gloves you're right I can't spar in mine but I do use them for everything. Lately I got an influx of gear so trying to spread my time.

Btw clamp we should raise some cash :)

Last edited:
Yeah the liner is pretty good IMO. So just the weight nothing else? I personally like my gloves you're right I can't spar in mine but I do use them for everything. Lately I got an influx of gear so trying to spread my time.

Btw clamp we should raise some cash :)

Yea, but its also compared to the price. I paid 130 for bag gloves I didn't need

If they were on weight, would you think they were good gloves and worth the price?

If they were 110 or lower I'd be completely satisfied. I know that doesn't answer your question directly.

Nothing wrong with that opinion so you like them a lot you just wish they were a little lower priced-- that's fair

What color did you get Megahorse? I'm curious because colors was super limited. I'm asking because so many people came out of the wood works saying they had a pair but then the Mohsin pulled the remaining stock so that leaves less like 10 circulating.

Strat lets raise some money and use my wholesale account.

I like my silvers for bagwork a lot. Would I pay 130 for them? Doubtful but not bad for 100(I paid even less)

Oh, come on, Clamp! I have owned gloves by almost any brand in the world. These are just medium level (among Pakistani gloves). For 130? Yes, a crap.
I am not going to spend 130 + 50 + 50 on the gloves cost 25 bucks to manufacture just to say again which is absolutely obvious even from the pictures to anybody who is not blind.

The same in case of their 25 dollars neoprene/gel knuckle guards. Which you called cheap (made in Japan Winning NG-2 are sold for 15), these knuckle guard cost about 2 dollars to manufacture (incl. bulk shipping). Yes, a real bargain for 25 - a piece of valueless materials made with a pointless grip bar.

These gloves is a filthy amateurish parasitizing on Winning.

@Strato a hype you say? What about C-17 ultra overhype Clamp (accidentally) caused with his "Winning CLONES" review?

I am done with this. Can't understand how anybody can be comparing these to Winning. Absolutely ridiculous.

Methinks Shitzu calls it like it is. From owning multiple copies of every top end glove their is, as well as many mid level gear, most of which I sent back, I would have come to the same conclusion from the pics. Now there is a lot of mid level gear that is made very well, such as the title gels, and from looks alone it appears that those c-17s dont get near to even that level. And then there is this quality control and cut and appearance outside of craftsmanship and what should an objective person deduce from all this?

I like my silvers for bagwork a lot. Would I pay 130 for them? Doubtful but not bad for 100(I paid even less)

and, if they were actually 16oz gloves, would you pay 130 for them? Apart from the weight issue, does craftmanship/materials/performance justify $130?

Doesn't get near title gel? Are you kidding? users here including me have had both gloves and will tell you that the quality of leather and stitching and protection are better by far. again you don't have these gloves or other gloves from r2c to make comments like those.

and, if they were actually 16oz gloves, would you pay 130 for them? Apart from the weight issue, does craftmanship/materials/performance justify $130?

That's tough, because for 130, I can almost get Reyes or Bills, and can get any of the other Mexican brands, so I personally would not, but I REALLY like Mexican styled gloves. I think they might have more success if they leave/left them at 100, but who knows.

Doesn't get near title gel? Are you kidding? users here including me have had both gloves and will tell you that the quality of leather and stitching and protection are better by far. again you don't have these gloves or other gloves from r2c to make comments like those.

The leather and craftsmanship is definitely superior to Title Gels (I own them, although they have been loaned out to a buddy pretty much indefinitely at this point), the gel might be a little more protective, but that's pretty debatable.

That's tough, because for 130, I can almost get Reyes or Bills, and can get any of the other Mexican brands, so I personally would not, but I REALLY like Mexican styled gloves. I think they might have more success if they leave/left them at 100, but who knows.

*takes that as a no* lol

$130 does put it up there with very high end gloves, in that price range. Do appreciate what shihtzu/KShaft are saying, and like them, going off pictures I would not buy these for the asking price other than to satisfy curiosity and get involved in this G&E debate :D (though, for me in Europe it would end as $200 ish anyway), but then again I'm not equipped to get into a debate with people who actually have the gloves in front of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back