Rigo: "I'm going monster hunting" (Aim at Inoue)

I mean, sure. Should prove interesting if nothing else. Rigo is gonna have to be in shape though and keep that fuck the fans mindset, because Inoue can end grown men with one shot, and he's pretty fast as well. Let's see if it gets made first.

Hoping for Rigo to give Inoue the Donaire treatment but don't expect it.

never seen a guy like him

clean technique and Monster power

real p4p king

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2020/02/rigondeaux-im-going-monster-hunting-for-naoya-inoue/

https://3kingsboxing.com/rigondeaux-wants-inoue-next/

Yas! Yes! Yes! Another belt for the monster's legacy. It'll be much more impressive than Loma's win if he finishes him cause it'll be a 5 weight class leap from Inoue's debut, regardless of Rigo's current age.
5 weight? I thought Rigo just fought at 118, isn’t that still inoue’s 4th class(including the 1 he skipped)?

Last edited:
Sounds like tying up the laces to me, getting ready to hang em up. Hope so, Rigo proved once again when the going gets tough he’s going to give us a big F*** You! And go back to his Benadryl induced style.

Rigo could fight boring and win it though. Would be interestig to see.

giphy.gif

It likely won't happen. Inoue is signed with Top Rank now. Bob won't do business with Rigo again I don't think. It's probably wishful thinking on Rigo's part. There's also not much reward in beating Rigo nowadays and there's still plenty of risk (he could make Inoue look foolish at times & potentially box his way to a decision).

Rigo could fight boring and win it though. Would be interestig to see.

I think he’s faded quite a lot, got rocked plenty and struggled to a SD win against Solis so Idkw what’s to expect from Inoue, with his speed and timing he might just land what ever he wants. He’s quick on his feet too.

I think he’s faded quite a lot, got rocked plenty and struggled to a SD win against Solis so Idkw what’s to expect from Inoue, with his speed and timing he might just land what ever he wants. He’s quick on his feet too.
Rigo has definitely faded but the majority of the big shots he's taken in his last couple fights were because he decided to bang with them and fight on the inside. That's obviously not his style and he ends up fighting to his opponents' strengths when he does that. Once he gets back to boxing and using his legs he doesn't get hit very much. In the Solis fight he just wasn't busy enough and that's mostly what made it closer than it should've been.

Let's say hypothetically that this fight gets made at Bantamweight, promotional issues aside. Inoue would likely be favored to win given that he's considerably younger (13 years) and a P4Per in his prime. The question mark for me then becomes whether Inoue's face would hold up against Rigo's left hand because Inoue is there to be hit fairly often and he's shown signs of fragility. Donaire was able to break his right orbital early in their fight and he also broke his nose.

That's a real concern with Rigo given his history of causing structural damage to his opponents' faces. At one point he was the only fighter in boxing consistently breaking faces, granted we haven't seen him do it in a while. Inoue could end up like Kell Brook if his face doesn't hold up which could shorten his career.

He gave away round 1 trying to fight aggressive but otherwise it was pretty standard do enough to win Rigo performance.

He would get stopped by the big 3

Inoue, Oubaali, Luis Nery

They are too physical for him

Let's say hypothetically that this fight gets made at Bantamweight, promotional issues aside. Inoue would likely be favored to win given that he's considerably younger (13 years) and a P4Per in his prime. The question mark for me then becomes whether Inoue's face would hold up against Rigo's left hand because Inoue is there to be hit fairly often and he's shown signs of fragility. Donaire was able to break his right orbital early in their fight and he also broke his nose.

That's a real concern with Rigo given his history of causing structural damage to his opponents' faces. At one point he was the only fighter in boxing consistently breaking faces, granted we haven't seen him do it in a while. Inoue could end up like Kell Brook if his face doesn't hold up which could shorten his career.
is this confirmed? donaire broke naoya's orbital bone and nose? holy shit.

i'd pick rigo if he was younger, but at this point it wouldn't surprise me at all if naoya won by blow out. i mean the kid is a monster, and rigo - while still incredible - takes half an hour to pick the punch he wants to throw. i think naoya wins by volume alone, and if rigo gets into a firefight he gets lit up.

still an interesting fight, would watch.

is this confirmed? donaire broke naoya's orbital bone and nose? holy shit.

i'd pick rigo if he was younger, but at this point it wouldn't surprise me at all if naoya won by blow out. i mean the kid is a monster, and rigo - while still incredible - takes half an hour to pick the punch he wants to throw. i think naoya wins by volume alone, and if rigo gets into a firefight he gets lit up.

still an interesting fight, would watch.
Yeah it was confirmed by the WBSS organizers and Inoue himself. I would take Inoue to beat him at this point of his career too (assuming his face would hold up). He'd have to be the favorite in a future 118 pound match-up with Rigo.

Back