• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Opinion Right-Wing Culture Justice Warriors Outraged @ Sudden Realization 'The Boys' is Mocking Them

@Rob Battisti be like

"MY UTOPIA!! 🥹"
0703b91f026c48a33744e23f36e8affaadbc18fd.gif
Burn the Heretic

I think that's the point. The film itself is supposed to look like a fascist propaganda film, which is why everyone and everything is so clean and fake looking. The film isn't going to have a "fascism bad" message, it plays it's ridiculousness completely straight.. ie Neil Patrick Harris literally rocking SS officer uniform and its doesn't raise a single eyebrow.
It’s a lot more clearly a fascism allegory in the books. Movie did a great job with how subtle it all was
But they're making fun of the woke dorks too. Like the guy who got lasered - typical low testosterone twink woke guy.

They're parodying everyone.
Even the milkshake thing is a nod to a right wing “journalist” getting hit with one in the peoples republic of Portland and then claiming it was full of concrete instead of delicious vanilla goodness.

It’s a lot more clearly a fascism allegory in the books. Movie did a great job with how subtle it all was
The movie got almost everything from the book wrong. From showing how military life is somehow easy and glamorous, to showing the Terran government as inept war-mongers. Seriously, it was not even close.

The movie got almost everything from the book wrong. From showing how military life is somehow easy and glamorous, to showing the Terran government as inept war-mongers. Seriously, it was not even close.
i think you missed the point

The show is kind of bad now. Frenchie and the former gay lover story is shit, not because it's a gay man LGBTBBQ™ DEI Lived Experience® story, but because it's out of place and nobody cares. The Hughie reconciling with his father / mother / w/e is shit and nobody cares. The Deep and his octopus wife drama is shit. Kimiko going on a muh past contemplation is shit. The amount of wasted airtime is astounding. At this point I'm convinced half the audience is just waiting for Homelander to laser a bunch of people in half.

The 21% increased viewership is what Amazon claims, there's no third-party proof of that, and it's likely bullshit they made up playing with statistics. Like if you watched 5 mins of the show, they count you as a "new viewer." For starters nobody is jumping into season 4 without having viewed the previous seasons, so how the fuck is 21% of people who weren't viewers before jumping straight into S04? Doesn't make any sense for anyone with two braincells to rub together.
It has gone daytime soap opera now and the deep story line with the octopus is a joke they ran into the ground they should have left that alone it was hilarious the first time.

Peacemaker is better.
It Sucks that we have to wait till 2025 to get another season. I even cancelled my max till i will just renew when peacemaker and the righteous gemstones come back I did not feel like paying just to watch house of the dragon in 2024.

it’s not a direct adaptation.
That is very obvious. The point I’m trying to make is that almost everything is wrong in the movie. From the tone to its themes. It misses every point Heinlein was trying to get across to the reader, and made it about something completely different.

Just as a huge Heinlein fan, it was just extremely disappointing to see. Though that is just my opinion. Others can love the movie for its new message. I totally get that.

What a stupid thread. The show has always made fun of the right. JC. One villain was a literal Nazi.

Plenty of lefties hate this season too because of the poor writing.

I always love the assertion that Archie Bunker and George Jefferson's presences on TV were significant of tolerance of endearing bigotry, it just shows how either people didnt watch the show...or didn't understand it and actually follow the character arc. Archie eventually realized the error of his ways and went "woke:"

The Jeffersons was always woke under the surface. When George went to a Klan meeting he saved a leader's life and the act of kindnesses changed his Son despite not changing him:

Norman Lear is and always was left of center. And was THE reason Seinfeld was funny.

Great post, my sherbro. I didn't watch All in the Family. I only saw clips and he always looked like a racist, homophobic pos.

BTW, have you ever watched a O'Connor interview? He was the sweetest man.

Back