Rickson vs. Royler. OMG!

a big weight advantage for a very good middle weight, over a very good lightweight is a very significant thing... a good middleweight still is fast/mobile, but now has strength/power/weight advantage over a smaller guy, and also a good middle weight has good conditioning, unlike a heavy weight.

HUGE disadvantage for Royler, and the appearance of this demo i'm sure is totally irrelevant b/c of that.

Ive seen rickson and royler spar with the gis before but i havent seen the no gi video yet. Hopefully somebody can find that

Sherdog_Mutt said:
After all of these years, the thing that still gets me about the Rickson v. Royler demonstration at Pride was how attentive and respectful the audience was. Not to mention Rickson's sweet counter to Royler's hip throw, where he initially takes the back, switches to a triangle and then to an armbar.

Yeah, I hate to jump on the "I (heart) Pride" bandwagon, but you are 100% correct about that audience.

That was a nice counter. But that simple pull guard to armbar move wasn't too bad, either. And that one I might actually be able to do sometime!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back