Rickson interview: he's fighting

Seibei

White Belt
Reaction score
Hopefully he will be competing, the way Rickson speaks is mezmerizing.

it will be cool to see Rickson fight again, but it won't prove much. unfortunatly, he is old.

I'll believe he's fighting when I see him in the ring/cage

Rickson by armbar. Just had to say it.

I hope they give him a real tough opponent like when they had Hughes fight Royce. It'd suck if they pay him a boatload of money to fight a mediocre fighter.

Rickson by armbar. Just had to say it.

I hope they give him a real tough opponent like when they had Hughes fight Royce. It'd suck if they pay him a boatload of money to fight a mediocre fighter.

If he fights, his opponent will most likely be japanese. He will fight someone who stylisticly matches up well with him.

Basicly i would be very surprised if they gave him a hard fight, i dont think he would take any fight he feels he has a pretty good chance of losing. After seeing the sakuraba vs royce fight, i would guess it will be sakuraba.

I would personally love to see him fight hughes,gsp or bj penn. But if its in japan its not going to happen.

Rickson is 50+ i thought - Sakuraba is probably the only guy who would draw a huge amount of money in Japan.

I would hate to see Rickson fight a Hughes, GSP, or PENN.

He is an oldman.. not a top level competitor.

This is more of a going away match, or legendary match. Royces match to hughes was a complete joke.. I would hate to see rickson go out that way.

maybe it's yoshida.. either way.. who cares? i would rather see him fight in a grappling match against drysdale than an mma fight with a has been.

I'm pretty sure that Rickson was born in Nov or Dec 1958, so he'll be 50 later this year. As for another fight, I'll believe it when I see it. I've been hearing the same song and dance about "possible matches" for about 3 years now. It's possible, but I wouldn't count on it.

Thanks for the Rickson interview. Interesting view points by Rickson.

i've heard it 1,000,000 times and i'll say it 1 more...until i see him in the ring, rickson's not fighting

thanks for posting that. it was a great read, very interesting. I doubt he will fight but you never know, sounds like he is looking for one last big payday before he goes back to his life with his family. i would much rather see him in something like adcc but obviously his goal is not to prove anything but to take care of his family as best as possible, no money in grappling.

If a roided out Royce could beat Sakuraba in their 2007 match, then I'm afraid that Rickson would literally kill him.

If a roided out Royce could beat Sakuraba in their 2007 match, then I'm afraid that Rickson would literally kill him.

I agree, Sakuraba is too much out of the game, and probably punch drunk from all the big hits he's taken.

I would like to see Rickson fight a top 5 fighter, but I doubt that would ever happen. I doubt he'll ever fight again tbh...

^^^
Agreed. It's a shame that Sakuraba took so many beatings in his career, particularly against Wanderlei. Those beatings really seemed to diminish him, sucked his life force.

If Rickson was to fight at all, I'd certainly bet that it will be a Japanese fighter. I think that is what the Japanese promoters and fans would be willing to pay for. I think they care less about Rickson vs. a top ranked fighter than just seeing Rickson vs. a Japanese fighter that would make for a good show.

maybe it's yoshida.. either way.. who cares? i would rather see him fight in a grappling match against drysdale than an mma fight with a has been.

I agree that i would much rather see him in a grappling match then an mma fight. Personally i would love to see him and marcelo go at it.

I agree that i would much rather see him in a grappling match then an mma fight. Personally i would love to see him and marcelo go at it.

Rickson vs. Marcello
2/3 matches, submissions only.
I would pay a lot to see that.

Yeah totally agree with that. Also would prefer to see Rickson in a grappling match.

Back