Rickson interview: he's fighting

the sakuraba fight would have been interesting a few years ago...

Rickson is 50 years old ... he was great in his day, but his day is passed. If they put him in against one of the current top fighters he could get hurt - there's a reason you don't see professional athletes playing into their 50's.

He's at the point in his life where he should be coaching.

But if it were a submission match rather than MMA, I'd pay to see it :icon_chee

lol damn Brian! Why the hate for Rickson?

He's ripped on every top fighter that actually goes out there and puts it on the line.

He distracts from Sak's clear victories claiming that he somehow got lucky.

He prices himself out of the market when he hasn't earned the right to demand that kind of money.

In his interviews he talks like Yoda to try and sound profound - I think its just pretentious

He's ripped on every top fighter that actually goes out there and puts it on the line.

He prices himself out of the market when he hasn't earned the right to demand that kind of money.

In his interviews he talks like Yoda to try and sound profound - I think its just pretentious

i couldnt pretend to talk like that... or could I??!! :icon_surp

all of the observations about whether he's going to ever fight again, how good is he really, and the other things these threads always bring up, aside. his interviews all sound the same. sometimes word for word. it would be one thing if the interviews were done within a few months of each other but the time gap is years.

as far as fighting, my vote is seeing him taking on jacare in a grappling match, no time limit.

I would be happy seeing him fight in a gi bjj match against anybody.
Actually I would be happy just seeing footage of Rickson rolling that's not all blurry and grainy.

Or even a Rickson instructional ! Anything !

Rickson vs. Marcello
2/3 matches, submissions only.
I would pay a lot to see that.

gi or no gi?
I would say that rickson destroys marcelo with a gi and marcelo would win in a no gi match if he could get a tap withint 15 min.

If Rickson signs with k1 then there is a posibility of a mma match between him and marcelo.

Tooks the words out of my mouth. The guy realy get's under my skin.

I've given up on Rickson and we lost Rockson so our only hope is that Kron wins the Mundials and enters MMA.

Meanwhile we can enjoy watching Maia, Jacare, Galvao, Marcelo, Roger, Ralek and others.

Back