Rickson black belts easier to get?

DMcKayBJJ said:
Ok, yes, he's also the dude who throws water bottles at tourneys, but aside from that...

lol, dude its not Rickson who throws those bottles, its his purp belt son, Kron. I was at the Nationals Sep24 of this year and Kron lost his first fight in the purple belt division to Rafael D'Alinha. And while Rafeal or somebody else was competing, Kron threw a water bottle at him....i guess Kron cant handle losing...but aside from that fact.....

You dont just "get" BB's in BJJ for showing up, In my opinion, you have to show that you have the technique of a BB obviously, nd u cant just come 4 times a month and expect to get it in 10 years...it takes time.......and ur instructor or coach has to decide if u are ready or not...and...if u receive ur BB from him u obviously deserve it or he wouldnt be givin it to you..i havent heard of anybody jus "givin out belts like theyre candy". EVER.

GuardGame said:
lol, dude its not Rickson who throws those bottles, its his purp belt son, Kron. I was at the Nationals Sep24 of this year and Kron lost his first fight in the purple belt division to Rafael D'Alinha. And while Rafeal or somebody else was competing, Kron threw a water bottle at him....i guess Kron cant handle losing...but aside from that fact.....

You dont just "get" BB's in BJJ for showing up, In my opinion, you have to show that you have the technique of a BB obviously, nd u cant just come 4 times a month and expect to get it in 10 years...it takes time.......and ur instructor or coach has to decide if u are ready or not...and...if u receive ur BB from him u obviously deserve it or he wouldnt be givin it to you..i havent heard of anybody jus "givin out belts like theyre candy". EVER.

Actually, Rickson has thrown a water bottle at a ref. I train at Rickson's school and was sitting right next to him when he throw one at the Paragon Jiu-Jitsu tournament up in Santa Barbara, CA, in about summer 2004. For the record, he didn't so much try to nail the ref with it. Rather he tossed it rather recklessly and without a lot of force in the general direction of the ref. I don't think he cared whether or not he hit the ref, he was just expressing frustration. Some might see no difference there -- in any case, them's the facts.

Thirteen year old necro for a bad joke. Congrats.

... who IS a Rickson Gracie black belt!
images

Back