Rickson black belts easier to get?

if you want a fast black belt, just take karate. they give blackbelts in 6 months or something.

It take 10-15 years to get a Black Belt in BJJ? please tell me your joking.

I'd say 99.7% of guys that walk in the door never attain the blackbelt. Purple is probably about as far as most can realistically expect to progress with serious dedication over the years. I say "probably", because going beyond that requires extraordinary dedication, time, lack of injuries, desire, etc. Getting to purple is damn hard in BJJ.

Getting to black? 10+ years is right -- it could easily take you 15 years.

I thought it was around 6-8 years, how many color rank are there in BJJ before you get to black belt?

I think they are prity hard to get evrywear. LUCIO LINHARES is a guy who gives belts very easly....

If you go consistantly with minor to no layoffs i would say 8 years is the standard.

Guys, there's a big difference between training for say, 8 years, 3x a week, versus 8 years, 5x a week. Specifically, that's a difference of 832 training days.
OR...
8 years, 5x a week =
10 years, 4x a week =
13 yrs 4 months, 3x a week =
6 yrs 8 months, 6x a week.
For a lot of guys, 3x a week is "consistent" (some people work 40-50 hours a week.)
For youngers guys, 6x a week is "consistent" (plus their bodies can handle that frequency.)

Get the point?

ricks famous for being stingy with belts....which is good for the art, generally

but that never getting past purple thing even with regular practice is just sad, maybe more effective teaching/curriculum is in order, or maybe the brown should actually be the black

bjj is so popular, there are gonna be so many mcdojos popping up soon.....

I just began training BJJ but my understanding from everything I've read and been told of Rickson is that no belt beyond white is just handed out. One of the guys at my school just earned his blue belt and this is what he did prior to getting it...

Started training at the Warrior's Cove - November 2000

Tournaments:
2001: 2nd Place under Black Belt division - North Star Judo Tournament

2001: 1st Place Lightweight Beginner division - West Metro Boxing Tournament,

2001: 1st Place No-Gi Beginner - Midwest Submission Hunt Tournament

2002: 1st Place White Belt, Midwest Submission Hunt Tournament

2004: 2nd Place No-Gi Intermediate - Naga Chicago Submission Grappling Tournament

2004: 1st Place Intermediate Gi - Combat Do Midwest Submission Championships
2004: 2nd Place intermediate No Gi, - Combat Do Midwest Submission Championships
*Lost 1st Place by decision in overtime with score tied 8-8 to a professional fighter that was bumped from advanced to intermediate, because there was no one else in his division.

2004: 1st Place Blue Belt Division - Midwest Submission Hunt Tournament

2005: 1st Place Blue Belt Division - Naga Chicago Submission Grappling Tournament
All of Josh's matches were won by SUBMISSION (not points) against Blue Belts. This was a Huge Tournament with 657 Competitors and Over 70 Teams.

Team Vaghi-Warrior's Cove took 1st Place over all the other teams at this huge event!

Warrior's Cove Endurance Submission Grappling Test - October 2005
15 Consecutive matches against 4 opponents - all trained in submission grappling - averaging nearly 20 pounds heavier than him - attack him for 1 hour! Every opponent was submitted for a total of 15 submissions in 1 hour!

Over 1200 hours of training at the Warrior's Cove from November 2000 to October 2005. (Over 20 Hours Training Per Month for 5 years!)

Rodrigo's "Legendary" Blue Belt test.

BC.

I don't think that Rickson black belts are easier to get. As opposed to who?

Rickson's BBs are pretty easy to get. If you tap Rickson twice in 100% live sparring, you get to move up a belt level.

johil d'o said:
Rickson's BBs are pretty easy to get. If you tap Rickson twice in 100% live sparring, you get to move up a belt level.

Hahaha. Twice? How about if you even come close. Hell for me it would be, if I could defend for more than a second. The outcome for Rickson and me, yes I'll say it, Rickson by whatever submission he feels like at any moment he is ready or the famous, by armbar.

johil d'o said:
and also make sure to be paid up on you association dues..... :icon_surp

2om30 said:
and also make sure to be paid up on you association dues..... :icon_surp

Don't forget the water-bottle-throwing accuracy test, which must be performed in front of an audience...

Iam in Rickson Gracie Jiu-Jitsu and they do not just give you belts that you dont deserve. You must train very hard brfore being tested.Rickson wouldnt endorse your belt rank if he or his certified instructors didnt think you deserved it.It should take over five years to get a black belt in Rickson Gracie Jiu-Jitsu.

Back