Reyes plans to walk through Jon's offense?

Captain Herb

10000 Likes
@Silver
Reaction score
"You're gonna take a shot, it's what you're gonna do about it. Are you going to cower down and back up and be scared, or are you just going to keep with your game plan and keep fighting your fight"?

(I'm going to)..."Put him in situations that he doesn't like--I can't exactly give away my game plan but--It's letting him know that if he pushes, I'm pushing back".

Reading between the lines, I believe Reyes is saying he's coming after Jon Jones, and he's not going to worry about getting hit. We know Jon is least comfortable on the back foot, and we also know that he won't go to HW because his soft striking is no deterrent to the big guys. Sounds like Reyes is cooking up a HW plan to walk through Jon Jones and land fight-ending shots.

Dom will freeze when he realises that Jones' fight IQ and range of striking techniques is staggering.

Good luck not running into all his body shots as you coming in.

He is tall so reaching Jones shouldn't be TOO tough but he does have short arms.

Good luck not running into all his body shots as you coming in.

He is tall so reaching Jones shouldn't be TOO tough but he does have short arms.
His arms are average for a man his size. It's just that we're used to fighters with long arms and the fact that Reyes has a long torso doesn't help him in thta regard as well.

Everyone has a gameplan until they get poked in the eye

<JonesLaugh>

This is what almost every opponent says before fighting Jones and getting picked apart while doing very little.

His arms are average for a man his size. It's just that we're used to fighters with long arms and the fact that Reyes has a long torso doesn't help him in thta regard as well.

Fair enough.

Sounds like he's planning on countering and engaging every time Jones does.
Might be thinking Santos' had the right game plan of trying to punish Jones for every action he makes

Best game plan for him IMO.

Idk if it is the right gameplay to put Jon Jones in trouble. But, I'd really like to see one person go full Justin Gaethje against him and just walk through shots. It would be entertaining

Jones should just put this guy down and crack him open.

Jones is so nasty in the clinch tho.
Thoses elbows,arm cranks and wrist control are a nightmare.

The only distance where jon struggle is the pocket

Last edited:
Everyone has a game plan until they get kicked in the knee and poked in the eye.

Easy for Jones.

I'd be more optimistic if he could chuck a hadouken at him.
Dhalsim-SFA2-Heavy-Kick.gif

Reyes has got angles though and a longer reach than Jons last opponent who arguabley beat him

Jon is the favorite but a knockout is only ever one punch away.

Sounds like he's planning on countering and engaging every time Jones does.
Might be thinking Santos' had the right game plan of trying to punish Jones for every action he makes

Best game plan for him IMO.
Agree but he says he's going to put him in situations he doesn't like. That makes me think he won't wait to counterstrike.

Well too many have stood back & been unable to control the range so Jones has picked them off with his freakish reach advantage. As I recall this was Glover's plan until he got eyepoked to death. I just hope he makes a fight of it.

Jon is going to fuck Reyes knees up! One does not simply walk through JBJ def unless your name is DC

Back