Reyes plans to walk through Jon's offense?

"You're gonna take a shot, it's what you're gonna do about it. Are you going to cower down and back up and be scared, or are you just going to keep with your game plan and keep fighting your fight"?

(I'm going to)..."Put him in situations that he doesn't like--I can't exactly give away my game plan but--It's letting him know that if he pushes, I'm pushing back".

Reading between the lines, I believe Reyes is saying he's coming after Jon Jones, and he's not going to worry about getting hit. We know Jon is least comfortable on the back foot, and we also know that he won't go to HW because his soft striking is no deterrent to the big guys. Sounds like Reyes is cooking up a HW plan to walk through Jon Jones and land fight-ending shots.

There is no preparing for Jones's Captain Insane-O maneuver.

Well too many have stood back & been unable to control the range so Jones has picked them off with his freakish reach advantage. As I recall this was Glover's plan until he got eyepoked to death. I just hope he makes a fight of it.
The Glover fight was pure Roid Rage.

Agree but he says he's going to put him in situations he doesn't like. That makes me think he won't wait to counterstrike.
Santos, DC (2) and Gus (1) all had Jones in uncomfortable positions and made him uncomfortable by engaging him and giving him a bit of hell everytime he throws. DC didn't counter strike but he was in his face the entire time, people forget the fight was razor close before the kick.
I think Reyes wants a tough fight in which his athletic abilities can shine and possibly rock Jones.... Only issue is Jones has some of the craziest heart and chin we've ever seen.

Also the pace for a fight like that is absolutely insane and Jones has proven he can hold that pace.

You need to turn that into a YouTube video.
Hm... i think that'd be cool but at the same time i don't see myself making such breakdowns regularly enough hehe.
But who knows, this wasn't the last thread of this sort and i mean the possibility for a YT-channel is always there..

Santos, DC (2) and Gus (1) all had Jones in uncomfortable positions and made him uncomfortable by engaging him and giving him a bit of hell everytime he throws. DC didn't counter strike but he was in his face the entire time, people forget the fight was razor close before the kick.
I think Reyes wants a tough fight in which his athletic abilities can shine and possibly rock Jones.... Only issue is Jones has some of the craziest heart and chin we've ever seen.

Also the pace for a fight like that is absolutely insane and Jones has proven he can hold that pace.
Absolutely agree with everything you said except I remember DC being more of the aggressor. The way Santos baited him in and then countered I thought was a great plan that was good enough for the win. I hope Reyes takes that route

Every striker that challenges Jones says this until they get oblique-kicked a couple of times. Or eye poked.

Reyes has nothing to surprise jon with

Hm... i think that'd be cool but at the same time i don't see myself making such breakdowns regularly enough hehe.
But who knows, this wasn't the last thread of this sort and i mean the possibility for a YT-channel is always there..
You should release it for the Kindle lol.

I noticed in the Countdown vid one of the things they caught a glimpse of was Reyes working mitts/pads and when coach threw out a lil bullshit low kick Reyes immediately was switching sides, coming forward right into a front-hand hook. It looks to me as if they are attacking Jons low kick type of range game he plays. Which I do like. Ive said already in other threads, if Reyes cant get past Jons simple kick offense then he’s screwed just like the rest of them...

Jones doesn't like to fight guys his size who can strike.
If he is too proud to take him down, we are in for a good fight.

It’s weird, I know the countdown show is highly edited and it pushes narratives to make us buy the fights
But I really saw when Dom was watching Jones fight Gus
He was nodding along and smirking at Jones struggling working going backwards
Then this,
And to be fair it’s common sense to pressure Jones, if you sit back and counter strike him you are really fucked.

I just can’t live in a world where Jones doesn’t get a takedown and a violent Gnp in the first round
Sorry Reyes but you’ve not been around the gig long enough to pull this one off

Back