Reyes might be that new breed.

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
I used to brush aside this suggestion you know, how this sports is ever evolving, new breeds are coming, Ronda Rousey is once ever human being, shit like that that comes out from Joe Rogan's mouth, but which he can easily turn his back on if it goes south.

Because one thing we know about the fighting arts that has been around hundred of years is it's ever changing like internet or science, and that 'new breeds' died out rather quick, and Ronda is now making her name off Travis Browne.

In my opinion, Jon Jones is not the same Jon Jones that crushed his opposition ways back. People say he's out of his prime, milege, and all that, but I'm not so sure, because he has been looking shit from time to time for a while now, like when he was like 29 or so. And what happened to his size? he looked like Big foot Silva when he was fighting DC.

But, who knows I guess. What I'm trying to say is that Reyes might be that new breed, A+ athlete that all these Sherdoggers have looked up to and been talking about for a while.

Because he beat, in my opinion, the most talented fighter that I've ever seen, though he obviously declined so much that I am not sure what to make of him 'in his prime' any more, and I don't think it has to do with age or millege personally, just my personal opinion, while literally having no martial arts background to speak of, and only been competing in MMA professionally for less than six years.

If that's not the new breed, I don't know what is. That shit is just insane.

He's good but until Jones retires he'll forever be second best.

The “ New Breed” will lose again in rematch..

Jones was 2 generations ahead of his competition:

Destroyed old generation (Rampage, Machida, Shogun)

Handled his own generation (Gustafsson, DC)

Closely competing with the next generation (Reyes)

I used to brush aside this suggestion you know, how this sports is ever evolving, new breeds are coming, Ronda Rousey is once ever human being, shit like that that comes out from Joe Rogan's mouth, but which he can easily turn his back on if it goes south.

Because one thing we know about the fighting arts that has been around hundred of years is it's ever changing like internet or science, and that 'new breeds' died out rather quick, and Ronda is now making her name off Travis Browne.

In my opinion, Jon Jones is not the same Jon Jones that crushed his opposition ways back. People say he's out of his prime, milege, and all that, but I'm not so sure, because he has been looking shit from time to time for a while now, like when he was like 29 or so. And what happened to his size? he looked like Big foot Silva when he was fighting DC.

But, who knows I guess. What I'm trying to say is that Reyes might be that new breed, A+ athlete that all these Sherdoggers have looked up to and been talking about for a while.

Because he beat, in my opinion, the most talented fighter that I've ever seen, though he obviously declined so much that I am not sure what to make of him 'in his prime' any more, and I don't think it has to do with age or millege personally, just my personal opinion, while literally having no martial arts background to speak of, and only been competing in MMA professionally for less than six years.

A breed implies a new line, group, or stock of fighters. I see none of that. I see one guy. That's called an outlier, not a new breed.

Assuming he is the new breed though, perhaps you could breed out the genes that cause this new line to phone in the championship rounds of their biggest fight of their fucking lives.

We'll have to wait and see, Weidman had even less fights when he knocked Silva cold and made Silva look completely ineffective even in the standup portion of the fight.

Weidman would constantly bring up his relative lack of experience after that as if to say that he will only keep getting better and more dominant like he was an otherworldy prodigy, but of course he went on to be humbled.

It seems counter intuitive but often times a fast start doesn't mean you will continue to ascend linearly.

Jones was 2 generations ahead of his competition:

Destroyed old generation (Rampage, Machida, Shogun)

Handled his own generation (Gustafsson, DC)

Closely competing with the next generation (Reyes)

DC and Vitor are 10 years older than Jones, they go to old generation

Santos is next

I don't like Reyes. He's not mentally strong enough to be champ. Reminds me of a more naive / less jaded Stipe.

<36> at the new breed.
THe sport is dying, the journeymen are taking over cause the old legends are retiring.

Reyes is just okay. Nothing super special about him technically. I might be the only one who came away from the fight feeling less impressed with both guys.

Reyes is just one year younger than Jones

Nothing new at all here.

Reyes is about 2 years younger than Jon Jones. They are in the same age cohort. Jon Jones has been champion since he was 23 years. It seems like his long reign has cause dementia in some "hardcore" MMA fans, who know think of Jon Jones as some 40 year old fighter in the twilight of his career.

Remember, Anderson Silva started his GOAT consideration run at around age 31/32. A similar age to Jon Jones now.

Back