Reyes hype is out of control on here

Partially agree, it depends on his opponents, but he surely does insanely good on the backfoot.
But even if it had been atypical for Reyes, it shouldn't really matter.
Walking forward in a fight is a really superficial judging criteria in a fight, at the very least in fights like these.
if they didn't have that judging criteria you could have a 25 minute match without a single strike thrown or landed. pressure has to be a criteria.

Reyes landed only 8 more strikes but threw over 90 more strikes than jon. Most times that happens when a fighter is running from the fighter throwing more strikes. In this case, jon was moving forward the whole fight but was more efficient. Basically reyes was throwing shit at jon to back him off while continuing to circle and keep his back of the cage. Extremely close fight but jon did enough to win and shouldn't have people on here calling it a loss
Now go round by round and do it

Because Jones pressured from minute 1 to minute 25 with no let up
Again, this only matters when the striking and grappling are even. The striking was in Reyes' favor for the first three rounds. He objectively landed more strikes and inflicted more damage.
it was Reyes tiring and looking more likely to get stopped by the later rounds.
Why would Reyes' condition in the championship rounds influence how the first three rounds are scored? That's not how it works lol.

Again, this only matters when the striking and grappling are even. The striking was in Reyes' favor for the first three rounds.

Why would Reyes' condition in the championship rounds influence how the first three rounds are scored? That's not how it works lol.
i just quoted you the criteria which says it's strikes/grappling with the potential to end the fight. point me to Reyes' strikes which had the potential to end the fight?

if they didn't have that judging criteria you could have a 25 minute match without a single strike thrown or landed. pressure has to be a criteria.
In a situation like that, it would be used. But the fact that it was a standup fight and Reyes outland Jones in 3 rounds means that the pressure in those rounds is irrelevant

Judges have to reward pressure because otherwise you could have two fighters like Reyes running away from each other for 25 minutes and nobody would watch. Hence why Jones won that fight because he was the one engaging the entire time.

You don't understand the scoring system. Effective striking is prioritized over aggression and octagon control. You can be the more effective strikers, despite backing up or even 'running' for the whole fight. We have seen it many times.

Also, judges are not there to ensure that people watch the fights...they are there to judge the fights, according to the scoring system.

Is Jones banging Dana's wife? Is this the real reason why UFC is a circus?

ac9614aa17159efe6de9a58fd33c6654

597full-dana-white.jpg

Nah, he’s definitely banging your mum though.

Go away idiot.

Again, this only matters when the striking and grappling are even. The striking was in Reyes' favor for the first three rounds. He objectively landed more strikes and inflicted more damage.

That’s actually exactly how it worked in Houston tonight. Reyes ran the last 2 rounds and it lost him a fight he was winning.

i just quoted you the criteria which says it's strikes/grappling with the potential to end the fight. point me to Reyes' strikes which had the potential to end the fight?
Reyes' strikes had more cumulative and immediate impact with the potential to contribute towards the end of the match than vice versa. Therefore Reyes had the more effective striking in the first three rounds. You are misunderstanding the criteria.

The Unified Rules also state that "chasing after an opponent with no effective result or impact should not render in the judges' assessments".

Funny how you seem to have selectively ignored that section of the criteria lol.

That’s actually exactly how it worked in Houston tonight. Reyes ran the last 2 rounds and it lost him a fight he was winning.
I'm not arguing about the last two rounds, I'm focusing on the first three rounds which I think Reyes won.

I agree that he lost the last two, but it wasn't due to aggression, Jon outstruck and outgrappled Reyes in the last two rounds.

I had Jones winning 3-2. Can see it being scored for Reyes also. Was a good close fight, not invested in either fighter as a fan, just happy to have seen a good close fight. Thought Jones did well to force Reyes to move backwards, good display of Octagon control. Felt Jones’ strikes were the more effective from middle rounds onwards, which is typically the case for the advancing fighter. Reyes did really well countering moving backwards, but his strikes were less effective as the fight entered the middle and later rounds as it looked like he was slowing down. Definitely worthy of a rematch.

Reyes' strikes had more cumulative and immediate impact with the potential to contribute towards the end of the match than vice versa.
we'll have to disagree. Jones was unaffected

I'm not arguing about the last two rounds, I'm focusing on the first three rounds which I think Reyes won.

I agree that he lost the last two, but it wasn't due to aggression, Jon outstruck and outgrappled Reyes in the last two rounds.
Once Reyes slowed down around Rd 3, it seemed to me that Jones just started chasing him around. It looked like Reyes was just playing it safe after banking rounds 1-3 (which his corner/brother said literally right before round 5)
But yeah those first 3 he had, and you would think that would be enough.

Dude he won the fight. Look at my prior comments all this week. I said he has no chance and jones would destroy him. I am no fanboy of either fighter. It was clear Reyes won.

I have a better question: how does walking backwards matter when you land 114 strikes on your opponent (while also outstriking him)?

Answer: it doesn't.
But jon landed 107 lmaoo. And threw 90 less strikes. So much for your table graph proving reyes was an accurate striker lol. Seriously though, he would just swing for the fences anytime jones got close, stats reflect that

Reyes landed only 8 more strikes but threw over 90 more strikes than jon. Most times that happens when a fighter is running from the fighter throwing more strikes. In this case, jon was moving forward the whole fight but was more efficient. Basically reyes was throwing shit at jon to back him off while continuing to circle and keep his back of the cage. Extremely close fight but jon did enough to win and shouldn't have people on here calling it a loss

most of that output came from momentary blitzes from Reyes, then he would run the entire run
hence why he gassed

But jon landed 107 lmaoo. And threw 90 less strikes. So much for your table graph proving reyes was an accurate striker lol. Seriously though, he would just swing for the fences anytime jones got close, stats reflect that
If you'd just have to read my graph and what i wrote about those stats in my thread, this post by yours would be in large parts obsolete, buddeh.
<28>

lol at hype.

When you put a beating on the champ of the division, it is no longer "hype".

He is the uncrowned champ.

Back