Reyes hype is out of control on here

chelskiing

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Judges have to reward pressure because otherwise you could have two fighters like Reyes running away from each other for 25 minutes and nobody would watch. Hence why Jones won that fight because he was the one engaging the entire time.

Judges have to reward pressure because otherwise you could have two fighters like Reyes running away from each other for 25 minutes and nobody would watch. Hence why Jones won that fight because he was the one engaging the entire time.
Reyes landed only 8 more strikes but threw over 90 more strikes than jon. Most times that happens when a fighter is running from the fighter throwing more strikes. In this case, jon was moving forward the whole fight but was more efficient. Basically reyes was throwing shit at jon to back him off while continuing to circle and keep his back of the cage. Extremely close fight but jon did enough to win and shouldn't have people on here calling it a loss

Jones won the fight because of who the judges were. With different judges Reyes wins.
So how exactly is the "Reyes hype [...] out of control lhere" when he arguably just beat the GOAT LHW?

You sir are being silly.

Too logical for most of Sherdog to agree with. Expect flame-age.

reyes got robbed is why its not even fair lol sherdog is usually pro jon jones and fact hes being dissed so badly proves that its well deserved

Jones won the fight because of who the judges were. With different judges Reyes wins.
So how exactly is the "Reyes hype [...] out of control lhere" when he arguably just beat the GOAT LHW?

You sir are being silly.

rememebr jones last fight as well when he lost to a blown up 170 with a broken foot lol nd people wonder why jon jones isnt even top 5 p4p guys today

Hence why Jones won that fight because he was the one engaging the entire time.
This makes no sense. You're basically saying that as long as someone moves forward, it doesn't matter if they get their head bashed in, they are winning the fight.

Outstriking your opponent >>> Octagon control. Octagon control and aggression only become important when the striking and grappling are even.

Is Jones banging Dana's wife? Is this the real reason why UFC is a circus?

ac9614aa17159efe6de9a58fd33c6654

597full-dana-white.jpg
I am sure Jones has banged worse....well maybe not too much worse tho

I have a better question: how does walking backwards matter when you land 114 strikes on your opponent (while also outstriking him)?

Answer: it doesn't.

This makes no sense. You're basically saying that as long as someone moves forward, it doesn't matter if they get their head bashed in, they are winning the fight.

Outstriking your opponent >>> Octagon control. Octagon control and aggression only become important when the striking and grappling are even.

People seem to be conveniently forgetting this.

I have a better question: how does walking backwards matter when you land 114 strikes on your opponent (while also outstriking him)?

Answer: it doesn't.
I think today is the first time a lot of people have watched Reyes fight. The man is a counter-striker lol, he almost always fights off his backfoot.

but Jones didn't have his head bashed in. The judging criteria is strikes and grappling which "
with the potential to contribute towards
the end of the match" can be prioritised over octagon control. Jones was unaffected by Reyes' strikes.

Reyes was good but he gas out and stop throwing kick and strikes that is why he lose and Jones won 3:2

I’m surprised there’s threads supporting Jones. He got his ass kicked. When you get your ass kicked more than the other guy you’ve lost the fight.

This fight had no clear winner.

And Reyes was certainly not looking to not engage.

Jones was bringing pressure despite taking shots just to keep Reyes on his back foot. And Reyes was moving a lot to not become a stationary target for Jon.

They both fought very smart.

Is Jones banging Dana's wife? Is this the real reason why UFC is a circus?

ac9614aa17159efe6de9a58fd33c6654

597full-dana-white.jpg

You know what, I wouldn't be surprised. She looks like someone who would be into having that kind of arrangement.

but Jones didn't have his head bashed in.
I was obviously exaggerating to make a point. Jones was objectively outstruck and was damaged more by Reyes' strikes than vice versa. That matters significantly more than octagon control.

Jones was absolutely affected by his strikes. What makes you say that he wasn't?

I think today is the first time a lot of people have watched Reyes fight. The man is a counter-striker lol, he almost always fights off his backfoot.
Partially agree, it depends on his opponents, but he surely does insanely good on the backfoot.
But even if it had been atypical for Reyes, it shouldn't really matter.
Walking forward in a fight is a really superficial judging criteria in a fight, at the very least in fights like these.

I was obviously exaggerating to make a point. Jones was objectively outstruck and was damaged more by Reyes' strikes than vice versa. That matters significantly more than octagon control.

Jones was absolutely affected by his strikes. What makes you say that he wasn't?
Because Jones pressured from minute 1 to minute 25 with no let up. None of Reyes' strikes changed that, and it was Reyes tiring and looking more likely to get stopped by the later rounds.

Back