Reyes didn't get robbed.

A round being close doesn't mean there wasn't a clear winner. 2 and 3 clearly went to Reyes to anyone who understands the scoring criteria.

The question you have to ask yourself when scoring a round is who landed more significant strikes. That's the only criteria that matters.

No it fucking isn't, lol.

Lmao

Maybe Reyes shouldn’t have ran from JJ the whole fight. Coasting against the champ gets you shit.

Just because a fight is close overall doesn’t mean it’s a hard fight to score.

Reyes clearly won rounds 1-3, Jones clearly won 4 and 5.

You need to actually look at the scoring criteria for MMA. It's not as simple as significant strikes.

http://www.abcboxing.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/juding_criteriascoring_rev0816.pdf

I've read them. Have you? Effective striking/grappling is the primary scoring criteria. Since there was no grappling the first 3 rounds, the primary scoring criteria is effective striking. Only if the striking is 100% equal does other criteria come into play, which it wasn't.

If Reyes had been ruled the winner, I would be saying "Jones didn't get robbed". When the fight is that close, you can't really complain either way. Personally, I had it 3-2 Jones, but I could easily have seen it 3-2 Reyes, and I even see justification for 4-1 Jones (Round 2 and 3 were close enough that they could have gone to Jones or Reyes). When the fight is that close, you just have to pray that the judges are on your side. Zero robbery. Zero conspiracy. It was a good, competitive fight with multiple close rounds. When there's more than one close round, the judging can swing drastically.
When I finished the fight, I said "Two judges are going to have it 3-2 Jones, and one will have it 4-1 Jones, but I won't be surprised if it's a split decision either way."
Judging is tough. Really tough. They can't get it right in boxing, where the rounds are only 3 minutes and they are only punching. Picking a winner of a 5-minute round, where you have to evaluate striking, grappling, cage control, and submission offense/defense is no easy task.

The fact is, Reyes banked everything on winning rounds 1-3, and he had nothing left in 4 and 5. He did a great job against one of the best to ever do it. He left it up to judge's discretion, and the judges chose Jones. That's the way things go.
Company man, right?

Learn where the fight was held before posting. Texas has not adopted those rules.

The prior version of the rules still has effective striking as the primary scoring criteria, dummy.

The prior version of the rules still has effective striking as the primary scoring criteria, dummy.

Really? You wanna cite a source for that? Because I've never heard about it before.

(d) Scoring Techniques.

(1) Using the 10-Point Must Scoring System, judges are required to determine a winner of a contest that ends after the scheduled number of rounds have been completed. Ten points must be awarded to the winner of each round and 9 points or less must be awarded to the loser, except for a rare even round, which is scored a 10-10.

(2) Judges must evaluate mixed martial arts techniques, such as effective striking, effective grappling, fighting area control, and effective aggressiveness/defense.

That's directly off the Texas website. It seems to me that your "primary scoring criteria" is suspiciously absent!

They're outdated rules that are open to interpretation. I like the new ABC rules better, but they were fighting under these rules.

To be the champ ya gotta beat the champ (convincingly).

Exactly. Roy Jones Jr. losing in the Olympics was a robbery. This was just a close fight that didn't go the way that fans wanted.

Bones is going to fall, and fall hard. It will be joyous to watch. That just wasn't the fight.

Already fell upon the record books, so anything now is cherries. Not a bad spot to be in, if finally you fall and you’re in a bad spot, as you say.

Dana will never hate on him, so his records will stay recorded. He actually does respect the fighters at the end of the day. Business is just business.

I had it 5-0 Jones. The octagon control was nasty and those takedown points are being overlooked by casuals, those shits count across rounds.
They don't judge on "octagon control", dumbass.

I had it 5-0 Jones. The octagon control was nasty and those takedown points are being overlooked by casuals, those shits count across rounds.
5-0 and you're referring to others as casuals??

I assure you sir, it was in fact, a robbery!

Screenshot_20200209-135107_Chrome.jpg
Jones got that belt and ran like a thief in night.

Kind of like he ran from the scene of the crash......but with cocaine instead of a belt.

Am glad you are not a judge who scores fights in that case as there would be calls for you to be terminated and rightly so.

If Reyes continue attacking in R5 like he did in other rounds and wouldnt try to cruise it out he would be champion .

Back