Rewatching Nick Diaz vs Joe Riggs and...

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
My god Rogan cant shut up about how amazing Nick is. It was disgusting to hear his commentary in the second round. Basically, Riggs is hitting him with straight left hands and lead right hooks and Rogan refuses to acknowledge it while Goldberg and the crowed are yelling and screaming each time Riggs lands. Meanwhile a Nick Diaz jab makes Rogan bring the Lawler knockout.

I noticed this before but never thought it was this bad! Thank god Riggs won which was rightfully so since he used good boxing and did well to time his counter punches when Nick closed in.

I posted in the comment section but I am also posting this in the OP so you guys don't have to scroll down and look for it. Turn down the volume in the beginning, there is an annoying laughter for 10 seconds then the fight comes on and then you can turn the volume back on.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Last edited:
Which one? The cage fight or the hospital fight?

Watch Duane Ludwig vs Genki Sudo to hear Rogan at his worse.

Embarrassed to say Ive never watched that fight. I need to.

Youtube?

Rogan once shared a blunt with Nick, and ever since Nick hasn't lost a fight, or even a round, so sayeth Joe.

Embarrassed to say Ive never watched that fight. I need to.

Youtube?

I have the fight saved on computer from many years ago. But I found one on metacafe for you. It really is a must watch because Riggs showed AMAZING boxing skills!

Turn down the music, the first few seconds are annoying noises...

I have the fight saved on computer from many years ago. But I found one on metacafe for you. It really is a must watch because Riggs showed AMAZING boxing skills!

Thanks Sherbrah. Bout to crack a brew and watch the darn thangggg...

Lol.

You should write him an email and send it to 10 years ago..

Thanks Sherbrah. Bout to crack a brew and watch the darn thangggg...

No worries man!Let me know how it goes, its a good video but I hate how the beginning makes it feel like a troll video.

This is an amazing fight, this was the welterweight era of Hughes with guys like Penn,Parsiyan,Riggs,Sherk,,Trigg,GSP,Sherk,Sanchez in the mix. My favorite division when I got in to MMA fully.

Joe has said before that sometimes his personal feelings towards fighters comes out during his commentary. Imagine if Eddie Bravo was fighting? Joe would go crazy and have an aneurism giving him compliments.

Joe has said before that sometimes his personal feelings towards fighters comes out during his commentary. Imagine if Eddie Bravo was fighting? Joe would go crazy and have an aneurism giving him compliments.

Hogan would literally have a gallon of coco butter and a roll of paper towels on hand for that

g7IsB.gif

It was pretty awesome they had Diaz vs Riggs 1 and 2 all in the same night except the second fight they chose the Emergency room as their venue

First post nailed it. As good as this fight might have been, Riggs vs. Diaz 2 in the hospital was even better.

Can't embed right now but there's a video on YouTube of Nick and Joe calling into a radio show where they talk about the hospital fight after their fight. It's comedic gold.

Impossible. Nick has the best boxing in the history of MMA, so sayeth the Shertards.

In all seriousness, Nick has superhuman Endurance/Cardio and any form of combat sport stresses endurance/cardio. In reality, Nicks boxing isn't anything special but his stamina really is!

Kind of weird they fought in the hospital but they seemed cool after the fight

Kind of weird they fought in the hospital but they seemed cool after the fight

In the radio interview Nick said " I walked in to the hospital talking shit" I agree it was weird but then it was Riggs going for he hugs and I guess Nick couldn't respond violently at that moment.

Don't understand why Nick has kept a grudge against Riggs.

haha I read the title and was certain it was about Rogan's bias. I wish he got to call the rematch in the hospital.

Back