Rewatching Nick Diaz vs Joe Riggs and...

So you brought up a 10 year old fight just to bitch about the commentating?

Nick Diaz is a drug-addled conspiracy theorist who likes BJJ. If he had opinions about stand-up comedy he'd probably be Joe Rogan's wife by now.

Nick Diaz is a drug-addled conspiracy theorist who likes BJJ. If he had opinions about stand-up comedy he'd probably be Joe Rogan's wife by now.

Joe Rogan podcast all day!

No worries man!Let me know how it goes, its a good video but I hate how the beginning makes it feel like a troll video.

This is an amazing fight, this was the welterweight era of Hughes with guys like Penn,Parsiyan,Riggs,Sherk,,Trigg,GSP,Sherk,Sanchez in the mix. My favorite division when I got in to MMA fully.

That was such an epic fight. Man Riggs has declined with age.

That was such an epic fight. Man Riggs has declined with age.

The scary part is, Riggs is only 32! Honestly, the wear and tear of combat sports is brutal. Oddly enough, Karo Parisyan looks exactly like the way he was he was in his mid 20s even though in his 20s he looked like 35.

Riggs has aged the worse from all the MMA fighters. First pic he looks like a young 20 year old which he is:

joe-riggs.jpg

Now at 31:

20131101071659_5D3_8320.jpg

The scary part is, Riggs is only 32! Honestly, the wear and tear of combat sports is brutal. Oddly enough, Karo Parisyan looks exactly like the way he was he was in his mid 20s even though in his 20s he looked like 35.

Riggs has aged the worse from all the MMA fighters. First pic he looks like a young 20 year old which he is:

joe-riggs.jpg

Now at 31:

20131101071659_5D3_8320.jpg

That's what 30 lbs supposed weight cuts will do to you I suppose.

My god Rogan cant shut up about how amazing Nick is. It was disgusting to hear his commentary in the second round. Basically, Riggs is hitting him with straight left hands and lead right hooks and Rogan refuses to acknowledge it while Goldberg and the crowed are yelling and screaming each time Riggs lands. Meanwhile a Nick Diaz jab makes Rogan bring the Lawler knockout.

I noticed this before but never thought it was this bad! Thank god Riggs won which was rightfully so since he used good boxing and did well to time his counter punches when Nick closed in.

I posted in the comment section but I am also posting this in the OP so you guys don't have to scroll down and look for it. Turn down the volume in the beginning, there is an annoying laughter for 10 seconds then the fight comes on and then you can turn the volume back on.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

It´s really kind of funny. Rogan does not aknowledges any of Riggs punches. Nothing.
Have never heard it that extreme in a commentary. Also any other comment to build up Nick.

Thanks for the link. Fun thing. The best thing is Riggs absolutely punches him into oblivion and Rogans comment to that "That has to demoralize Riggs that Nick just takes his punches " :D

Or annother gem. Riggs punches Nick and Goldberg "Looks like Riggs really gains confidence here" and Rogans answer "No I think he looks tired" Wow that is really the oppposite of a neutral commentator. More like WWE good vs bad guy

Which one? The cage fight or the hospital fight?

Totally forgot about the hospital fight lol.

It's pretty cool to see how much of a beast Riggs was back then, and how far Diaz has come since then.

It´s really kind of funny. Rogan does not aknowledges any of Riggs punches. Nothing.
Have never heard it that extreme in a commentary. Also any other comment to build up Nick.

Thanks for the link. Fun thing. The best thing is Riggs absolutely punches him into oblivion and Rogans comment to that "That has to demoralize Riggs that Nick just takes his punches " :D

Or annother gem. Riggs punches Nick and Goldberg "Looks like Riggs really gains confidence here" and Rogans answer "No I think he looks tired" Wow that is really the oppposite of a neutral commentator. More like WWE good vs bad guy

Thank god I wasn't the only one that thought this! My favorite moment was when Riggs hit him flush with a straight left and everyone (Including Rogan) acknowledges it but then 2 seconds later " oh but absorbed though"

Rogan has no idea what the hell he is talking about!

Omigawa's UFC debut was really bad I remember.

It took 10 minutes for Joe to mention him

"Both are youngsters."

Riggs was never young.

Back