Rewatching Aldo vs Hominick

Is it just me or were Rogan and Goldie really really bias towards hominick in this fight. Jose Aldo is displaying some phenomenal head movement but all they keep talking about is Hominicks jab.

well , the fight was in hominicks home - canada. and hominick was really a true warrier in that fight but yesm they did seem to be bias

It's only natural when you have a fight with lopsided expectations going in. Aldo was supposed to run through Hominick, but Mark fought very well and had as much success against Aldo as anyone to date. Basically everyone already knew that Aldo was great, but they didn't know that Hominick could put up as good a fight as he did.

Very similar to Shogun vs Machida I.

Shogun - Machida 1 was close though. Aldo vs Hominick wasn't

Joe Rogan has a tendency to overly praise an underdog who is doing better than expected. If fighter A is expected to get killed but does decent enough to hang in there (but is still losing the fight), Joe Rogan tends to go nuts about how fighter B is not implementing his game, and how good fighter A is doing great even though he is still losing.

I am not trying to bash Joe, because I think he does a good job; this is just constructive criticism.

100% agree. This may be my biggest gripe with Rogan. He really over does it when the guy he thought was going to lose starts to do anything. He's great but it's a flaw imo.

Yagin shouldn't be too upset. Hominick made him look like shit in the 3rd and probably would have finished him with another round, but who cares, Mark is now retired, wtf does any of this matter, unless you are a Aldo nuthugger and can't come to terms that Hominick exposed weakness in Aldo's ability to handle the deep waters.

Haha Aldo nuthugger... Frankie Edgar 5 round dominant decision.

i remember it fine, thanks. aldo knocked hominick down several times with strikes, and he also took him down at will and battered him with gnp. i don't know which version of reality that's "struggling".

the multiple times Hominick tagged Aldo / the fact that Aldo couldnt keep him down / Aldo gassing in the last round and almost got finished - im not saying Aldo didnt deserve the win cause he did but your talking like Aldo just walked through Hominck...which he didnt

Yagin shouldn't be too upset. Hominick made him look like shit in the 3rd and probably would have finished him with another round, but who cares, Mark is now retired, wtf does any of this matter, unless you are a Aldo nuthugger and can't come to terms that Hominick exposed weakness in Aldo's ability to handle the deep waters.

Yeah because beating Faber, Hominick and Florian by unanimous decision over 5 round fights isn't handling 'deep waters'.

I thought the same thing when I watched it. It was kind of weird though, because they kept calling out Hominicks good points, but every so often they would mention that he was losing the fight so I don't think they were doing it on purpose. Maybe just because they were surprised by how good he did.

Back